Author Topic: Cook's FIM/AMS Speed Trials Info  (Read 33365 times)

Offline 2club

• New folks
Cook's FIM/AMS Speed Trials Info
« on: August 29, 2015, 01:37:52 PM »
COOK SHOOTOUT NEWS. Please read this entire post for important info. The formal Cook Shootout scheduled for September 17-21 is canceled because the track may look okay, but we feel it won't currently support very fast high powered streamliners. We still have our October rain date (October 12-16) open for the Shootout and will continue to groom the track toward that date for the full streamliner Shootout event right up till until the last minute. Current entrants please call Mike for updates.

In place of the scheduled Shootout (September 17-21) we will still run the motocycle entries and call it Cook's FIM/AMA Speed Trials with certified two-way FIM/AMA record timing available for sit down motorcycles. These are bikes that were already entered for the Shootout plus a few others. It is not an alternate or substitute for the Bonneville Motorcycle Speed Trials which were also forced to cancel. It is for FIM record entries only. We have been fortunate that the international course was spared most of the damage that
ruined the other courses, and while it also will not currently support a large event, we can accommodate the smaller group of motorcycles from the Shootout entry list.

Motorcycle streamliners over 300 mph will be able to test and tune one-way, but will not be able to run both ways for records because we don't want them coming back toward the highway at those speeds. A limited number of cars will also be accepted for one-way test and tune only as we did last year. Call Mike Cook direct for cost and signup information. 951 675-3070.

IMPORTANT: If you even think you want to get in on the motorcycle event for FIM we need your name on the list before Monday 8/31/15 so we can tell them who is coming. They may not accept last minute entries that just show up. Call Mike on the weekend and at least leave a message as we will update our confirmation list to them on Monday.

Some of the confirmed entries now include:
Al Lamb
Jamie Williams
Scott Kolb
Valerie Thompson
Leslie Porterfield
Eva Hakansson
Kazutoshi Mizutani

We will continue to update you as this unfolds and hope that the additional time for the primary shootout will help the bad spots on the course come around in time for mid-October so the big boys can run for records.

Offline dw230

Re: Cook's FIM/AMS Speed Trials Info
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 02:23:33 PM »
With this latest news from Mike Cook, I am pleased to announce that the Bonneville 200 MPH Club will be present at the event.

I must stress however that the Bonneville 200 MPH Club does not accept AMA records in excess of 200 MPH for club membership at this time. FIM entrants can be assured that by meeting the criteria of the FIM and exceeding either a current Bonneville 200 MPH Club class record or minimum will be accepted for membership. The current list of motorcycle records can be found at the club's website, www.bonneville200mph.org.

Please direct any questions to my either in this thread or my email:
dwarner230@yahoo.com

Good luck to everyone,

Dan Warner
President
Bonneville 200 MPH Club
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline 2club

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 03:01:59 PM »
Thanks for that clarification Dan. Racers appreciate the info and I will post it to the web site and the facebook page. We have received several more confirmations so the event is a GO at this time.

Offline dw230

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 10:45:19 AM »
That's great news John, see you thee.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 11:49:44 AM »
 :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 01:23:11 PM »
Dan Warner,

How do you determine classes for motorcycles that run FIM to be qualified for the 2 club?  With the way FIM classes bikes by cylinders without regards to pushrods and such seems to be extremely difficult to transfer that over to SCTA/BNI classes.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 01:58:18 PM »
With this latest news from Mike Cook, I am pleased to announce that the Bonneville 200 MPH Club will be present at the event.

I must stress however that the Bonneville 200 MPH Club does not accept AMA records in excess of 200 MPH for club membership at this time. FIM entrants can be assured that by meeting the criteria of the FIM and exceeding either a current Bonneville 200 MPH Club class record or minimum will be accepted for membership. The current list of motorcycle records can be found at the club's website, www.bonneville200mph.org.

Please direct any questions to my either in this thread or my email:
dwarner230@yahoo.com

Good luck to everyone,

Dan Warner
President
Bonneville 200 MPH Club

Dan, think Dan already addressed that
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 02:52:39 PM »
no that really does not address my question at all as you can have a 2 cylinder record in FIM that is an overhead cam or pushrod record.  How does that transfer to the 2 club rules?

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 04:26:28 PM »
NRHS, it is 2 seperate orginizations with 2 sets of rules. To clear things up, The 200 Club is not an SCTA deal. It accepts records from different outfits. I hope I made sense.  :cheers: Wayno

Offline joea

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 04:35:09 PM »
Elmo...I think NRHS is eluding to :

Bonneville 200 club class records and minimums are based on SCTA classes, rules and specifications
and are different from FIM

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 04:40:13 PM »
Joe, I found a few other holes in my thinking, too. I'll wait for a "grown up" to respond.  :roll:  :cheers: Wayno

Offline dw230

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 04:41:06 PM »
There will be FIM representatives on site as well as the 2 club motorcycle committee that will assist in the classifications.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2015, 05:58:37 PM »
I still do not understand why the 2 club would accept records from FIM that have completely different classes than SCTA but does not accept AMA which very closely mirrors the SCTA rules.  That just seems very contradictory to me especially when it is the same set of inspectors doing the certifications at BMST for both FIM and AMA records.

What am I missing here? :?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:00:44 PM by nrhs sales »

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2015, 06:09:19 PM »
. . . the fact that an FIM record-setter may be classified (maybe not to any advantage) in an SCTA class and break their existing record, too.  That's why Dan has 2-Club motorcycle reps on hand to verify it.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2015, 07:53:01 PM »
Sorry, I just do not understand the exclusion of the AMA records at all.  FIM is as different from SCTA and AMA as you can get, but the 2-club will go out of their way to fit the FIM square peg into the SCTA round hole. Yet the 2 club won't accept AMA records which are almost identical to SCTA. AMA is a national organization, while SCTA is is regional. The explanations so far do not make sense except that the exclusion is a deliberate slap at AMA.

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer