Author Topic: LSR Venues that certify  (Read 4486 times)

Offline wfojohn

LSR Venues that certify
« on: August 29, 2015, 10:23:43 AM »
Posting here because this section gets much more traffic,

SCTA-BNI truly certify that your efforts and results were according to the rules so the record is granted the individual/team. My question is do any of the other organizations do the same?

I am familiar with El Mirage and B'ville but now living closer to the East coast and we now occassionally participate at the one mile events just receiving a record certificate just seems a bit hollow. Yes, the personal satisifaction of knowing you are legal and meet the rules is one thing but proof is another. Thanks John.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 10:50:29 AM by wfojohn »

Offline dw230

Re: LSR Venues that certify
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 10:42:46 AM »
Jon,

Search for my thread, National Paved Mile Record database. You will find that other than the SCTA-BNI events, Speed Week, WF and El Mirage, the other organizations do not certify records. Comments run the gambit ending with I'd rather run many times than fool around with a certification process. Besides it gives me the chance to write a laundry list of records on my LR.com signature line.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline wfojohn

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 10:54:47 AM »
Dan, tried a couple searches but it did not come up. John

Offline dw230

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 11:20:32 AM »

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 11:56:39 AM »
John

If by 'certify' you mean that the standing mile organisers check that a machine meets their (or another governing body's) build regulations, as well as completing the course in an acceptable manner and with independent timing, then the UK Timing Assoxciation do that for their UK Mile events.

For bikes they use the 'Straighliners' classes which have no capacity divisions, so no engine displacement check is needed.  For the Auto Cycle Union 'National' bike classes (where capacity is taken into account) then there can be sealing for later inspection and or on site measurement by the certified measuring officials.

The UKTA also run standing mile records based on two runs in opposite directions within an hour.  These records make riders/drivers eligible for membership of the "SRC UK 200 mph Record Club

Events are held on concrete/asphalt and on sand.

[We have had the pleasure of welcoming international entries already here in the UK.  Maybe you can come and race with us and try for a record?]

Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Offline dw230

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 12:09:43 PM »
Malcolm,

Let us get the colonies under control before introducing UK rules.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline wfojohn

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 03:30:14 PM »
Dan,

Thanks for the link, how did I missed that entire topic when it was going on.

Comment was made that the mile runs are cheaper, you get a day and a half vs. a week at B'ville and a legitimate record if you obtain it and in my opinion "4 cc's" matter because you ran in the wrong class, just a perfect example of tear down required. 

I think the national mile records idea holds a lot of merit, doubt I would ever achieve one but it would sure give the holder a huge sense of pride.

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 04:16:49 PM »
Malcolm, Let us get the colonies under control before introducing UK rules.

Dan

No need to adopt the UKTA rules ................ but somehow they work for our racers and record breakers.

Plus I enjoy raising the flag on this forum every now and then (whilst we still have a single one for a united kingdom).

Probably see you in 2016.

Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 01:27:18 PM »
The BMST also certifies(must tear down and verify) all records.  It is AMA/FIM sanctioned.