Author Topic: BMST ROLLOVER REGISTRATION 2015-16 100% ?  (Read 11821 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: BMST ROLLOVER REGISTRATION 2015-16 100% ?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2015, 04:52:02 PM »
That picture kinda looks like the rider fell over and broke that strange thing in half.

I've roomed with Buddy for the last two or three years we were there for a meet.  He's one of the most dedicated men I've ever met.  In community things besides LSR.  He pays a lot of money (and time) to get to SW.  And then he rips off the association, and I've heard he even takes a free hamburger once in a while.  The nerve -- just because they can count on him for at least 10 hours in the sun.

At other venues I've been reading about making 20 to 30 runs in a 2-day meet.  I'm wondering if doing that lets you gain any useful information and give you the time to increase your speed.  Or rather, maybe road racing would be a better outlet.  I've never seen an award for most miles timed.

Back in the day -- it seems a long time ago -- we took pride in making a total of two runs for a record and then enjoying the rest of the meet.  But, like I said, those days are gone -- at least for us.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2015, 05:23:37 PM »
Stan,  It took me nine runs (with a hurt piston and remember I only have one) to up the record by a whole .511 mph.  I'm a slow learner.  It took that many.  10 hours on the salt for a free hamburger?  Did the SCTA up the minimum pay?
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2015, 12:53:54 PM »
You took that long to learn you had the firing order wrong?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records