Author Topic: Stop Mining the Salt Flats Petition  (Read 42344 times)

Offline Rob54

• New folks
Re: Stop Mining the Salt Flats Petition
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2015, 07:25:03 PM »
Hello all,

With the signatures total currently at 2,373 I have been trying to get more on board.

As it has been mentioned that a list of those contacted would be useful I provide the following, emailed today:

Motor Cycle News - A weekly paper

Bike - Magazine

Performance Bikes - Magazine

RiDE - Magazine

Classic Bike - Magazine

The Classic Motorcycle - Magazine

Classic Motorcycle Mechanics - Magazine

Back Street Heroes - Magazine

British Racing Drivers' Club - Motor Racing Organisation

Will be adding more to the list as and when I can.

All the Best,

Rob54.

Offline BasementBorn

« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2015, 08:14:21 PM »
I can't possibly be the only person who has problems with the petition, can I? For something that we are trying to use as a frontline in this effort it is way too vague, gives no back up, no data, and calls for the all out shut down of a billion dollar a year plant. This will not happen. You can petition things all you want but if all we are supplying is a 2-3 sentence mission statement and a broken link. Even if there were to get enough signatures, if I was part of the government I would quickly shut it down. We do it all the time fore residential projects (I am a civil engineer and deal with angry neighbors all the time so that's where my opinion comes from). I do give you credit for sharing the link on here and social media but the people who could possibly use the data to make an informed decision don't have it at the click of a button. Can you modify the petition to give a clear summary of the studies you want to include? Can the petition be modified to back the work that Save the Salt is actually doing? Can it be modified to include links to studies that actually work? Can we form arguments that site actual laws or regulations with code numbers that we feel have been violated? Or are we just spinning our wheels with it?

If we can get a REALLY solid petition that media outlets can actually get behind we may actually have somewhat of a shot with it. As it is now, all I see it as is people complaining about something they can't actually change. I am sorry if this offends anyone but I will tell you right now that even though I signed it I know it won't go much further.
Gabe Gorton
Gorton Racing 1060 650APS-BG
Team Banana 1361 F/CPRO

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2015, 10:32:57 PM »
You are not, see my earlier post which got merged into the combined thread.
One of the down sides of merging threads is you lose all context and the original chain of discussion, and make things darn near impossible to find at a later date.
It was originally posted on one of the petition threads:

http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,14015.msg280376.html#msg280376

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2015, 02:47:27 PM »
2500!

Keep 'em coming!

Sam
Turbo Sportsters since '97

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2015, 12:29:35 PM »
2,755 people have signed the petition.
It expires today.

I will be starting a new petition and encourage everyone to post or PM their input.

Sam
Turbo Sportsters since '97