Author Topic: BUB MEET... I'm starving here...  (Read 19070 times)

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
BUB MEET... I'm starving here...
« on: September 06, 2006, 11:08:24 AM »
Okay any of you guys hear anything... post it...

I've got a friend out on the salt that has called back and let me know what's going on now and again... ( when he freaking remembers )...

This is one of the greatest Motorcycle races of all time... and I'm sitting here in Nowhere Alabama...  I'm not a very good spectator... but this is one meet I wish I was at...  The very best Motorcycles in the world... with the most talented riders and crews...  damn I love stuff done at this level...

Keith
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
bub meet
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 11:14:56 AM »
Keith
We are at their mercy, I called yeasterday and heard the Bub Liner on the phone on his return run. The crown went nuts when the times were announced. Wish I was there as well and I am only 400 miles away.
The other problem is I don't know how many besides Jon A. that has a cell phone to down load on.

Stay tuned.
GB :D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

rex

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 11:49:36 AM »
Do you know the Woz!?  He is running the table where the communications is set up, and also posts the time sheets for the riders.  I cannot post his cell phone here, but he usually gives people his card (s) and it has his cell phone on it.  It was exciting.  I was there saturday thru Tuesday. thanks, rex

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 12:05:06 PM »
Just talked to Jon Amo... he was saying that most of what has happened of significance he's covered... thou he did mention the his bike was on a 200mph plus run when he had an Oil line burn thru... everything seems to be fine and he's getting ready to run again...  

He said Sam was chasing an electrical Gremlin but was on the way out to the course... and Bub guys are hanging out behind Ack Attack waiting on thier runs this morning...  Talked to Dahlgren who's tuning for Mike and he said they set it on light overkill this morning...

Noonan has shown up with the Turbo bike and Kneecum is battling handling issues... but still has top speed...

That's what I know for now...

K
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

dwarner

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 01:00:28 PM »
While the fastest is still the fastest what FIM classes are the big hitters running in?

Surely Sam Wheeler's single engine streamliner is not competeting against BUB and Ack Attack in the same class. Posted results are not to clear on this.

DW

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
bub meet
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 01:27:54 PM »
Dan
I had the same question, waiting as well, wishing them all fast times :D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Utahfab

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 01:50:03 PM »
From the SCTA-BNI site

http://www.scta-bni.org/Bonneville/records/BNIrecs_bikes.htm  Sam Wheeler is running in 1350cc.

Both Ack Attack and BUB are running in 3,000cc.  Ack Attack with 2 Busa motors and BUB with a scratch built 3,000cc V4.  Sam's record is safe for now but the 20 year old??  3,000cc / outright record has been broken twice this week!

I made it there on Monday and saw Ack Attack's run.  COOL!!!  Had to come back to work so missed the Bub runs.  I'd of loved to see and hear them.
Billy in Utah

Stock Hayabusa w/53k miles - 181.986mph.  Not so fast, Yet!

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 01:50:36 PM »
Sam Wheeler just went 355 but had some issues after his chute came out... he's okay... but the bike slid on it's side....

Ack attack aborted thier run...

Jon's having fun...
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 02:03:48 PM »
Jon is qualified now at 180... but he's found some issues and fixed them... seems his Tach was out and he wasn't getting to full boost.... he wanted me to tell you guys that he's got the boost maxed out and is going for it on this run.... said the bike okay for now...

K
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

racin jason

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 02:41:11 PM »
swing for the fence lil "eh" we are cheering for you!!!!

Super Kaz

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 04:23:21 PM »
Quote from: racin jason
swing for the fence lil "eh" we are cheering for you!!!!

Wish I was There! :cry:

I'm Wonderin how John N. does :wink: ?

Jason, why you stayin home this week :?

I ran out of Time and Money PUTTING BACK TOGETHER My JUNK :evil: !

racin jason

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 05:11:03 PM »
yes kaz im at work  watching the results. im a bit short on time myself! im pretty much done for the year. im going to paint the house and all the other chores so i can get to some more races next year. take that vrod out to the lakes and go have some fun.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 06:01:44 PM »
I'd like to ask a question about M/C engines. Does FIM allow any engine on 2 wheels to be a M/C.  

Denis Mannings engine is obviously FIM approved. Would a Automotive  engine meet the FIM Specs?

John Bjorkman's lakester was originally a M/C. The engine was based on a 2 cylinder KB or JP-1. I know the SCTA does not recognize this as a M/C engine...Does FIM?

Thanks to those who know.....
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline RichFox

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006, 06:56:47 PM »
Tone; I don't know, but they reconized a J47 in Breedloves three wheeler. I'm pretty sure that was no bike engine.

Offline Utahfab

MC motors??
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006, 07:21:20 PM »
From what I know of Landspeed racing the only place they care where the motor came from is in the production classes.  Streamliners are open and only limited by engine size, fuel and if it's blown.  Skys the limit!
Billy in Utah

Stock Hayabusa w/53k miles - 181.986mph.  Not so fast, Yet!