Author Topic: Bub Liner  (Read 4827 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Bub Liner
« on: September 05, 2006, 01:24:21 PM »
Bub liner just mad a two way run of 350. in the kilo, waiting for official results in mile and kilo. Was on the phone with James Rice and heard the return run. Looks like the challange is on for Ack Attack and others.
 :D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

kitmaira

Congratulations Denis!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 02:20:26 PM »
Congratulations to Denis and the Bub team. Wish I could have been there this year.

Offline Freud

Congratulations Dennis and Chris
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 06:16:48 PM »
Denis, this is a far cry from tHe time that you and Boris were snowed out. It's been a long time coming but you certainly did hang in there. Sounds like the times that Vesco and Wirges were shooting at one another but they never set records at the same meet.

Is there any chance that Cris will want to do a 12 hour endurance run so he can slide it like at San Jose?

FREUD
Since '63

RogerL

Bub Liner
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 07:14:51 PM »
I talked to Dennis and Richard a couple of hours ago, needless to say they are pretty happy. 360 out the back on the down run. Going to change the rear gear and try for more tomorrow. Hang on!

Offline joea

Bub Liner
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 11:05:05 PM »
................ps...............the green one hasnt spoken.........

Joe :)

Offline interested bystander

Drama on the Salt Beds
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 11:28:37 PM »
Not since the '50s with the Jets, rockets, etc ! What great drama- and Joe A couldn't have said it more dramaticaly in his last post- was there in '75 with Boris and Manning,Wirges,  & Vesco, of course  and our ill-fated one that never got a time slip.
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline interested bystander

Ps to last re BUB event
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 11:38:38 PM »
Should have said, unfulfilled not ill-fated- its still around with VIRGIN 5:00 15 Firestones at each end just waiting for the two turbo-ed 500cc Kawsakis that would have propelled it to 300.
The guys ended up electrofying things a few years later!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

rex

Bub Liner
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 11:55:41 AM »
I was able to be there from saturday till tuesday helping at the communications table and the riders time sheet table.  Sure was exciting.  the most exciting bonneville event I have ever been too.  all bikes, everyone working together, it was great.  It has always been my goal to run on the salt, so finally, for next year, it will be the year.  Thanks, rex