Author Topic: Compact Gforce G101A Transmission  (Read 11334 times)

Offline jimmy six

Re: Compact Gforce G101A Transmission
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 10:40:42 AM »
I have used a Tex 101A since 2004 and never had a problem towing. I believe the Brisette lakester also has one and he and I talked about gearing many times; he also never mentioned any problem either. Mine has an overdrive in the third gear position. I've used it with a 2.56 and 2.86 rear gear ratio return towing at Bonneville and El Mirage. I never tow over 20 at B and at El M the max is 15...JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline awelker

• www.vonwelker.com
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 10:57:18 AM »
Thanks for the heads up on the bearing, but guessing they were being overly cautious.  Any manual trans without some type of pumping solution is going to have the same potential problem.  However, I was planning on going away from flat towing to a trailer on the salt anyway, the salt pot holes did not agree with solid rear suspension.

Alot going on in this picture but you can see rod ends connected to Gforce shifter rails.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 06:53:26 PM »

That was smart using the shifter rails like that  :cheers: :cheers:

I have the V-gate shifter and will start with it.  I need to figure a way to get it into 1st but once there I just need to row it back and forth since it doesn't use the "H" pattern,

Sumner