Author Topic: When will we see the first 400mph motorcycle streamliner  (Read 2930 times)

Offline Vinsky

When will we see the first 400mph motorcycle streamliner
« on: July 27, 2015, 01:53:45 AM »
It will be a huge milestone for a motorcycle streamliner to break the 400 mph barrier. I wonder if any teams are thinking about private time yet. Sam Wheeler's machine looks to be very capable, as well as the Triumph Rocket lll that Guy Martin is to pilot. If the salt doesn't come around soon, what are the options.
As for 4 wheel streamliners, any guess who will be first to 500?
John

Offline Malcolm UK

Re: When will we see the first 400mph motorcycle streamliner
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 09:48:09 AM »
For the US teams with bikes it may happen when the salt is back at its best - in other words its anyones guess if at all in 2015.

I think the dates for the Triumph Rocket/Guy Martin Streamliner are already private days on the salt ahead of the BMST. They, as with Sam and Rocky are on the entry for the 'Shootout' event.

Thrust powered Jet Reaction may have other location options so watch out USA.

As for the wheeldriven cars ..................... once again the US may lose out, especially if the OZ entry in this group gets better salt at Lake Gairdner.

Britsh 2 cents.

Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 05:21:57 PM »
Malcolm - shouldn't that be 2 pence?

Joe

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 10:25:28 PM »
Haven't been here for quite sometime so hello everybody. As for who will be the first to 400, as in an official 2 way pass average, that is something we have been active in trying to pursue along with many others. Our 394 final pass in 2010 on very good salt got us close on peak speed. We actually went over that before decel but of course that doesn't count. That run convinced us it was within reach, however. With all the new technology I suspect once acceptable conditions return the big numbers will fall. As for Jet Reaction and Richard Brown, It was great seeing them run in 1999 and we look forward to seeing their return. They aren't vying for the same "motorcycle" record being thrust propelled and not utilizing a motorcycle engine, but they definitely are vying for a two wheeled record. All good for the sport. It seems for now everyone is all dressed up with nowhere to go...

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 06:36:58 AM »
Malcolm - shouldn't that be 2 pence? Joe

I thought my American friends would appreciate me talking in local currency terms.

My two pence is that the BMST meeting may not be the event to see 400 mph broken, because they do not permit the thrust two wheeled class to run.

Rocky apart from Richard, Andy and Neil you will find new faces with the Jet Reaction team for their 'return' visit, (if there is a course for them).  Even in '99 we had flooding on parts of the BUB course and less length than would have been 'usual' and you were riding for a different team back then.
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.