Author Topic: Possable SpeedWeek event. Brit Bikes welcome  (Read 25849 times)

Offline Jack Gifford

Re: Possable SpeedWeek event. Brit Bikes welcome
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 02:54:11 AM »
... Push starts are easily accommodated...
Push to start engine (before start line) or push to get the race car moving from the start line?
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline jl222

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 03:00:52 AM »
 This is great, we will probably hotel it but were can you camp?

It's been many years but when I was desert racing [motor cycles] you could camp just about any where, but not sure about now.

BUT I remember some terrible winds going into Mojave at night.
  We would leave Santa Barbara after work Friday night and usually go to Dove Springs or nearby.  
 Also it usually wasn't in August because of the heat.

JL222

Offline CharlieR

• New folks
  • Team FooRyi Racing
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 04:39:44 AM »
Best news I've had all week.
Big thanks to the organisers, signed up straight away.

Offline jl222

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 11:22:21 AM »

Short notice to get 130 entrants and only 5 arm bands per entrant means, only me...Troy and Linda and 2 crew members out of our usual 6 can get in.

JL222

Offline vintageracecar

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 11:36:39 AM »

Short notice to get 130 entrants and only 5 arm bands per entrant means, only me...Troy and Linda and 2 crew members out of our usual 6 can get in.

JL222

There are more armbands, which would be available. The Airport facility is not very keen on many spectators.
If we have this event, you will be able to get extra armbands for your crew. Price would be probably $10.00 each.
We'll need to be able to pay for this event and break even. Thanks for your support.

Offline jl222

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 11:43:25 AM »

JL222

There are more armbands, which would be available. The Airport facility is not very keen on many spectators.
If we have this event, you will be able to get extra armbands for your crew. Price would be probably $10.00 each.
We'll need to be able to pay for this event and break even. Thanks for your support.

That's good news, I glad you answered quickly as I was about to make some phone calls.

JL222

Offline Mike Borders

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2015, 02:17:01 AM »

JL222

Everyone will get in that is part of a crew.  The spectator issue is that there is only limited viewing area at the airport other than the pits, so the Airport cannot support large crowds of spectators.  Unlike other standing mile racing venues, this is an ACTIVE airport and we have a very special relationship with Mojave forged over seven years that has earned their trust to run there.

... Push starts are easily accommodated...
Push to start engine (before start line) or push to get the race car moving from the start line?

I meant that push starts of a running vehicle are permitted, but we can also accommodate starts that fire the engine as well.  In either case, the push vehicle at Mojave will have .33 miles to get its racer going before the turn-out.  Then, they can proceed to the end of the runway to recover their racer at their convenience.

Mike B.

Offline Mike Borders

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2015, 02:27:09 AM »
This is great, we will probably hotel it but were can you camp?

It's been many years but when I was desert racing [motor cycles] you could camp just about any where, but not sure about now.

BUT I remember some terrible winds going into Mojave at night.
  We would leave Santa Barbara after work Friday night and usually go to Dove Springs or nearby.  
 Also it usually wasn't in August because of the heat.

JL222

Please check our website, www.mojavemile.com for a list of hotels in the area.  The closest one to the airport and the one my staff uses is the Mariah Inn & Suites, and they have a large dirt lot in the back that is suitable for RV "dry" camping.  The Mariah staff is well-used to racers and will treat you well.  Room rates there are in the $80-90 range and they have a pool/sauna, a nice hot breakfast line, plus when we are there they set up the bar to serve evening meals that are <$10 and very good, mostly Mexican-themed, but some steaks, too (for a little more $$).

Mike B.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2015, 04:20:29 PM »
Mike,

If we can get a confirmed entry we will book a room trying to run 250 unfaired.

John

Offline Texican

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2015, 04:58:20 PM »
             we will book a room
I booked a room at Motel 6 near the airport entrance for Pork Pie.
Still showed 5 remaining.
Ph # at the property: 661 824 2421
Good Luck.
Only needs 24 hrs cancellation; not much risk.

Regards,
Jim
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:00:36 PM by Texican »

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2015, 11:20:55 PM »
Is this event open to those who have run the MKM events in the past?

Offline vintageracecar

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2015, 12:29:40 AM »
Apologize to SSS and everybody else for double posting, but we have 2 threads going on the same issue and time is of the
essence. Thanks.

This event would be the Scta Mojave Mile.
Scta / Bill Lattin would be Race Director. With MKM doing the Timing, be much involved in Driver Safety- Driver Meetings-
Emergency Services and Procedures- helping us to run the event as much as we want him too.
MKM has been doing it for many Years and has all the Know How of this event.   
But it would be a SCTA event and therefor all Scta rules, class specifications & regulations must be followed, as at any other
one of our events.
Many of our vehicles are not really street driven, I am sure all vehicles would need to be towed or pushed to the starting
line and back to the pits.
As many of these issues and questions arise, our Tech Committee and Board would make the decision, with guidence and
recomendations from MKM.

But at this point we are still in the Survey state and the way it looks, there are not enough people interested in such an event.

We are still in need of at least 25 to 35 more competitors to say " Yes we want to run at this event ". Survey closes Sun 5 pm PST.
If we can't find them, that means we can't break at least even and therefor it will not happen.
We realize some people had problems with filling out the survey and some are not sure if their info was completed.
Would suggest for everybody who is not sure and "Wants to Run" to send a confirmation e-mail to our office.
office@scta-bni.org  .
You must put the following info:
Name
Vehicle # (Including "B" if you have a bike)
Email
Phone
Pre-Entrant for SpeedWeek - Yes or No
Do you want to participate at Mojave Mile - Yes or No

Further, there are many who have not even heard, that we are trying to have a "Scta Mojave Mile" event.
If you are interested in having it and realize the Fragile nature of our Bonneville and El Mirage Lakebed, I suggest to start making
some phone calls. When was the last time we had an opportunity like this ?  We are only hours away from loosing it !
Thanks,
Mike

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2015, 12:49:53 AM »
I sent an email and as stated would run, when is the "final" cut off to determine if the event will happen?

John

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2015, 02:53:53 PM »
Why not run the mile and half
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline seiha

• New folks
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2015, 02:40:03 AM »
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

คาสิโนออนไลน์ ในรูปแบบใหม่ล่าสุดจาก ปอยเปต คาสิโน รีสอร์ท ได้ที่นี่ royal1688