Author Topic: UNLIMITED M/C CLASS  (Read 23902 times)

Offline joea

Re: UNLIMITED M/C CLASS
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2015, 01:30:15 PM »
Aren't the engines still subject to measurement to ensure they meet the requirement ...ie exceed the next lower class limit ?

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2015, 01:40:30 PM »
OK Kids, lets stop getting too crazy with the what ifs...
The rule book says multiple engines makes you an A bike... displacement, aspiration and fairing determine your class... same as forever...

Yes Max, lots of records get set blowing up something in a motor.... as long as it can be measured and certified and the averages are more than the old record then a new record is set.  It used the entire displacement of the motor or blower to get it there at some point.  

So the original question has been confirmed as answered... unlimited is a displacement class, just like AA in cars... larger than the largest listed displacement class.... Has to measure the correct size to run in that class.... Just like all the other classes
time to stop  :dhorse:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Kansas Bad Man

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered motorcycle streamliner
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2015, 01:57:57 PM »
HMMM, LETS see , you cant run in the next class for the reason a smaller size engine might have a higher volumetric efficiency then the engines in the next window of displacement size . But the high volumetric efficiency engine could be bored or stroked  increasing the HP  even more and if the engine size reached the next window engine size, that's ok. Am I the only one having a problem  getting my head around this?

Cheers

MAX

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2015, 02:04:52 PM »
YES SIR MR STAINLESS  :cheers:

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2015, 02:11:46 PM »
HMMM, LETS see , you cant run in the next class for the reason a smaller size engine might have a higher volumetric efficiency then the engines in the next window of displacement size . But the high volumetric efficiency engine could be bored or stroked  increasing the HP  even more and if the engine size reached the next window engine size, that's ok. Am I the only one having a problem  getting my head around this?

Cheers

MAX

Probably  :-D That is the way LSR racing works.... if you are faster than the other entrants you win... if my 1000 cc Suzuki is faster than your 3000 cc Vincent would you want it in your class?

There are organizations that take you at your word... on engine size... but in Southern California...  they make you prove it
still  :dhorse:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2015, 02:40:01 PM »
You said sTop talking Lambky and then post a question to me . :?  :dhorse:   :cheers:

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2015, 02:44:45 PM »
Answer , it wont be :x  :cheers:

Offline JimL

« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2015, 08:03:25 PM »
Max....figured out a wide ratio method for a small engine to jump you off the line, but would only add a couple HP at top end speeds because the overdriving would not be as efficient.  PM sent.