Author Topic: UNLIMITED M/C CLASS  (Read 23929 times)

Online Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: UNLIMITED M/C CLASS
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2015, 10:52:37 PM »
Max you just answered your question... 2950 is less than 3000 so you would be 3000 A/VF with no fairing and 3000 APS/VF with a fairing.
But then again, I think I heard somebody tell you that before  :roll:
 :dhorse:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Kansas Bad Man

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered motorcycle streamliner
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2015, 07:24:33 AM »
IT DEFIES LOGIC BUT WHO AM I  :? :dhorse: :cheers: :-D  Webster got it wrong I guess . Unlimited has a starting point. But I think I said that.

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2015, 08:10:47 AM »
Last post, SCTA rule book talking to max, sorry max your engine is not big enough to run in the unlimited engine size class.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2015, 09:39:22 AM »
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2015, 11:02:08 AM »
HI my friend Sparky, I was the chief engineer on the last three ships I was on while finishing up a 22 year career in the NAVY . I did pull duty every few days as CDO. We would receive coded messages from time to time and I would go to the radio shack and decode with our top secret crepto machine. I managed a wrench or two I would guess when I retired but no crepto machine. So as fare as your last post , I haven't a bloody clue as to what you said. I can only guess it had something to do with your take on my logic.

Cheers,

KANSAS BADMAN Alias Max o. Lambky CWO3 USN RET.   

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2015, 12:43:40 PM »
The real reason I would like to run in the unlimited class is and now was to avoid a tear down to ascertain engine size, what is the ratio of when measured the disqualification is given to a engine displacement being to big for the class compared to the displacement being to small for the class? Does anybody know? 

Best

Max

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2015, 12:49:37 PM »
Max--ROTFLMAO

R  olling
O  n
T  he
F  loor
L  aughing
M y
A  ss
O  ff
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2015, 12:58:48 PM »
 :-D
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2015, 01:01:58 PM »
So you want to run up in engine size -- not run the size that you actually are?

This is routinely done in another association -- setting records that don't reflect what the bike actually is.  It gives a bunch of "bragging rights" that many take advantage of -- but, for now, the SCTA doesn't do it.  I'm sure you could run an SCTA event configured the way you propose.  But if you don't fit the class under their rules, why run under their rules?  Do you want them to change their rules for you?

In fact, it may be a long time before there's an SCTA event with a course long enough to run on, any way.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2015, 01:32:11 PM »
Stan , question #1 I will run under what ever the rules are, always have always will, question # 2 NO!!!!!!
BEST,
MAX

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2015, 01:51:09 PM »
Folks in nearly every sanctioning body have found that it makes sense to form displacement windows for vehicles competing in certain types of motorsports.

It helps make sure that the competition is fair to all those competing directly against the other competitors in the same class of vehicle.

NHRA and NASCAR found that it was necessary in order to equalize the competition. What they found was that in certain cases, smaller engine displacements had a distinct and unfair advantage over larger displacement vehicles running the same class. The same thing could, and does apply to any LSR class, thus the need for displacement windows.

I agree with the term unlimited and/or universal, but context is important too, and in this case the term unlimited means what it imply s, any thing goes as long as it's over 3000 ccs.

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline dw230

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2015, 02:12:56 PM »
The rule book shows Unlimited as 3001+cc.

The SCTA requires you to run in your displacement class. If you enter,run and set a record in the 3000 class with this 2950cc bike you will denied the record. You cannot record outside either the upper or lower displacement limits of your chosen class.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2015, 03:00:36 PM »
First , the unlimited class has limits according to the rules. Only 4 engines are allowed . Up in Canada there is a fellow that makes V twin drag bike engines that are 250 ci 4 times 250 is 1000 ci. According to the rules that would be legal to run in the unlimited class. SO the window you refer to is 3001 cc which is about 182 ci to 1000 ci,  no other window exceeds in the m/c class jumps , more then about 61 ci , the window for unlimited is or could be as much as 800 ci differential ,  I don't think my 2950 or 178 ci would give the guy with a 1000 ci a unfair advantage. Just my opinion.

Cheers,

Max   

Offline dw230

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2015, 03:12:22 PM »
The displacement is referred to as unlimited as you point out. If you run up to four engines which add up to a displacement less than 3000cc you may compete in the A, APS, S or SCS body/chassis classes for that total displacement. You will be classified in the total cc displacement class.

If you are looking for an option to skip tear down I doubt you will find it in either the SCTA or USFRA.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline BasementBorn

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2015, 03:26:00 PM »
I have one idea if you want to avoid tear down on the salt. Just throwing it out there so let me know if it's not something that could be done.

Have an inspector come out to you when you have the engines apart at home, have them measure it, and seal it. I have heard the seals are good for a year. If you showed up with presealed engines I would think you would be fine. If you had multiple years I would think you could have an inspector cut the seal and reseal it. Again, not totally sure on that one.
Gabe Gorton
Gorton Racing 1060 650APS-BG
Team Banana 1361 F/CPRO