Author Topic: UNLIMITED M/C CLASS  (Read 23903 times)

Offline Bookfla

Re: UNLIMITED M/C CLASS
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2015, 03:48:11 PM »
Doesn't the SCTA rule book say special construction is two or more engines? It doesn't clarify how many just more than one. If the total of your 4 500cc Nortons was 2000cc or under it would run in the 2000CC class. if it totaled 2001 CC it would run in the 3000CC class unless you wanted to take advantage of a rebuild rule on V class engines. :dhorse:

Offline BasementBorn

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2015, 03:52:08 PM »
Maybe I am not tracking with you. If the 3000cc max only allows 2 engines and you are at 2000cc with 4 then I don't see an issue running the 2000cc class with 4 engines. I am not overly familiar with the FIM regs so I cant speak to them.
Gabe Gorton
Gorton Racing 1060 650APS-BG
Team Banana 1361 F/CPRO

Offline Kansas Bad Man

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered motorcycle streamliner
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2015, 06:04:12 PM »
I may be wrong but I think the only class that allows 4 engines is the unlimited class. In the m/c classes, what class allows 4 engines in there perspective 2000 cc engine displacement size?  :roll:   

Offline salt27

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2015, 06:41:01 PM »
Max,
       In 2013 I believe there was a rule change in special construction.

7.G allows "two or more engines".

I hope this helps.

Don

Offline BasementBorn

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2015, 07:00:56 PM »
I just got to my rule book.

For special construction (A or APS) refer to rule 7.G.9: A maximum of 4 engines of unlimited displacement are permitted.

For streamliner (S) refer to rule 7.H.18: any combination of motorcycle engines is permitted. No more than 4 engines are permitted. Maximum total engine displacement is unlimited.

The unlimited part in those rules means it can add up to whatever you want. If the total is 2000cc you run on the 2000cc class, if you have 4 125cc motors you run in the 650 class.

SCTA AND FIM rules for the streamliner class's has a 3000 cc max and only two engines are allowed in the top class . So if there is a unlimited class
which allows 4 engines could 4 500 cc Norton's run ?

I don't see that rule anywhere in the SCTA book but maybe it's a FIM rule?
Gabe Gorton
Team Banana 1361 F/CPRO

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2015, 07:31:58 PM »
So you are saying the unlimited refers to the number of engines correct? And not the engine size correct ? :roll:

Offline BasementBorn

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2015, 07:37:12 PM »
Wait, what? No, 4 engines max. They can add up to any displacement you want. The displacement class will be whatever the total displacement adds up to.
Gabe Gorton
Team Banana 1361 F/CPRO

Offline kustombrad

• Project No Bucks '49
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2015, 07:45:47 PM »
Here's another question to throw into this pile in case you guys aren't wound up enough. In the streamliner M/C deal I quote "For streamliner (S) refer to rule 7.H.18: any combination of motorcycle engines is permitted. No more than 4 engines are permitted. Maximum total engine displacement is unlimited." What actually constitutes a "motorcycle" engine? Once it's in the 'liner it is technically a "motorcycle" engine. If that isn't what is meant, what is? Does a prototype count? If it's a production deal (the rule is WAY vague in it's description) then what actually constitutes production...1, 5, 100, 5000? I really am curious about that rule...

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2015, 07:46:20 PM »
 The only time unlimited class is mentioned is when engine displacement is over 3001 cc correct? :roll:

IT IS A FIM RULE FOR SURE, ACK TWO ENGINES LESS THEN 3000 CC , TRIUMPH TWO ENGINES L ESS THEN 3000CC ,   and so on all no more then two engines and less then 3000 cc. All going for the title THE WORLDS FASTEST MOTORCYCLE.

Offline BasementBorn

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2015, 08:01:14 PM »
Brad, I'm not sure how that works but I'm pretty sure Bub 7 has a 1 off engine. Then again, I don't know if they do or have ever run under SCTA rules or just FIM.

Max, I'm not sure. Now I am getting confused lol. I would guess that is the FIM rule but I haven't looked that close at them so I don't know.
Gabe Gorton
Team Banana 1361 F/CPRO

Offline RichFox

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2015, 08:01:44 PM »
Seems like whoever has the fastest motorcycle, has the "Worlds Fastest Motorcycle" With out regard to displacement or class.  Not a bike guy, but pretty sure the Bub bike is not SCTA legal. Never was meant to be.

Offline dw230

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2015, 08:12:10 PM »
The BUD streamliner has never been SCTA-BNI compliant. How did the contacts in section 16 of your rule book respond? Why ask this question on this site>

:dhorse:

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2015, 08:23:17 PM »
The BUB bike never run SCTA, He tried but the bike didn't pass the rules of SCTA.  So he made his own venue where he was the boss and changed the AMA and FIM rules a bit I think to run the one off bub liner. You have to give it to BUB, he fought and lost but won in the end , my hats off to those that fight the guys in charge of how much chicken you get at the pick nick.  

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2015, 09:06:51 PM »
I'm trying to figure why you're addressing this question.  Are you gonna build it?  I thought you were semi-retired.  Just stirring like I do?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2015, 10:23:18 PM »
I have taken the two engines out of the LAMBKY streamliner removed the supercharger and transmission. I am in the process of building a m/c sit -on.  The two Vincent engines will be fuel injected and run fuel. The engines measure a tad under 3000 cc about 2950 cc. I am asking the questions to find out weather the bike could legally qualify for the unlimited class. Not trying to make trouble.

cheers.

MAX