Author Topic: UNLIMITED M/C CLASS  (Read 23824 times)

Offline Kansas Bad Man

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered motorcycle streamliner
UNLIMITED M/C CLASS
« on: July 23, 2015, 07:09:50 AM »
The word to me means unlimited in cubic inch displacment
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:22:57 PM by Stainless1 »

Offline Kansas Bad Man

: UNLIMITED M/C CLASS
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 07:27:50 AM »
I didn't get to finish my message , hit send some how. First correct the spelling of unlimited in title, next the question . The word unlimited to me means unlimited. Can you run an engine displacement in unlimited class in m/c below 3000 cc as long as you meet all other requirements of class such as a minimum of two engines and so on? If you cant explain the logic as to why not.

Max  
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:23:51 PM by Stainless1 »

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: UNLIMITED M/C CLASS
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 06:15:08 PM »
Some organizations allow you to move up in classes (ECTA) but SCTA doesn't if that is who you are referring to.  

Personally I support it as now you have people competing on a more or less even playing field having to set records with engines that are available in that displacement range.  In some displacement classes you might be able to find a smaller engine that is more highly refined.  In blown classes, especially with turbos/intercoolers smaller engines might be able to dominate classes of larger displacement, especially in special construction where frontal area comes into play since they can fit in a vehicle with a smaller frontal area.

Cases can be made for allowing it but SCTA doesn't so those are the rules if you are racing for a SCTA record,

Sumner
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:25:11 PM by Stainless1 »

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 09:34:08 PM »
I prefer to keep the motorcycle in the class it belongs in.
That's just me and my opinion.

Saltwheels 262
Franey
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:25:33 PM by Stainless1 »
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 07:13:38 AM »
So Summer, you are saying that if I were to build a 4 engine special construction m/c with 500 cc NORTON MANX ENGINES and meet all the requirements for the unlimited class I would not be able to run in that class as it would be only 2000 cc not the over 3001 requirement as you suggest? If not unlimited what class would the 4 engine NORTON run in? :?   

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 10:24:51 AM »
Like I told you Max, special construction.... A classes.... by motor size....
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 02:37:19 PM »
The question was, if not unlimited , what would the 4 engine Norton run in?  IT seems the only class would be unlimited as that class is the only one in m/c classifications that would allow 4 engines.  :?

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 03:04:52 PM »
jeeze  I think SS1-- just told you have to go find a 5th eng
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:33:44 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 03:09:17 PM »
Why is special construction necessary to tag for unlimited class, it seems logic would say in my case it would be U / VPF . The engine size in special construction is to protect each class as to engine size which is logical and I agree . The unlimited class logic is spelled out in Webster, the size is no longer relevant, its unlimited engine has no longer parameters and has no starting point. If there is a starting point it is no longer unlimited . The class is NOT protected by engine size that would defy logic. Could the person or persons give there ruling on this question .  

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 03:16:40 PM »
Cant do that , the class only allows 4 engines Sparky. Same question what would the 4 Norton bike run in????

Offline BasementBorn

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 03:20:53 PM »
I know the motorcycle streamliner class allows up to 4 engines. The total displacement of all the engines would be the class you are in. If you were running 4 500cc Norton engines I would think you would be in 2000 S-VG, VF, VBG, or VBF depending on if it's blown and fuel of course. I don't have a rule book on me and I don't remember off hand if A allows 4 engines but Stainless says it does. In that case you would be 2000 A or APS instead of S. If you want to run it in the 3001+ class you are going to have to punch the Nortons out to over 750cc each.
Gabe Gorton
Gorton Racing 1060 650APS-BG
Team Banana 1361 F/CPRO

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 03:22:12 PM »
I don't see a Vintage Pushrod engine class.  That doesn't mean there shouldn't be one.  There is only a 9/1 ratio of classes available to number of SpeedWeek entries.  More classes available would ensure that every bike entered could run on an open record.  Wait -- I think if they were careful, they could do that now!
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 03:25:13 PM »
I meant to say the person or persons who wrote the rule give there opinion. JUST A QUESTION THAT HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERD, DONT MEAN TO  :dhorse:

Offline BasementBorn

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 03:26:30 PM »
If you want the answer form them I would email them. The contact info is in the rule book.
Gabe Gorton
Gorton Racing 1060 650APS-BG
Team Banana 1361 F/CPRO

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2015, 03:39:31 PM »
I know the motorcycle streamliner class allows up to 4 engines. The total displacement of all the engines would be the class you are in. If you were running 4 500cc Norton engines I would think you would be in 2000 S-VG, VF, VBG, or VBF depending on if it's blown and fuel of course. I don't have a rule book on me and I don't remember off hand if A allows 4 engines but Stainless says it does. In that case you would be 2000 A or APS instead of S. If you want to run it in the 3001+ class you are going to have to punch the Nortons out to over 750cc each.

SCTA AND FIM rules for the streamliner class's has a 3000 cc max and only two engines are allowed in the top class . So if there is a unlimited class
which allows 4 engines could 4 500 cc Norton's run ?