Author Topic: 2015 Maine Event Live Audio Streaming  (Read 8557 times)

gkabbt

Re: 2015 Maine Event Live Audio Streaming
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2015, 04:46:26 PM »
We've been lapping here for about 30 mins. so I'm outta here.

I'll be back on tomorrow morning around 7:30 AM.

Gregg

gkabbt

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2015, 08:24:23 AM »
Good morning race fans from the wonderful Loring landspeed venue.....Stream is up and running.

The race will probably be over by 12:00 - 12:30 PM as we have weather coming in.
Due to the small number of bikes and cars, I'll be outta here by 11:00 AM EST.

Gregg

gkabbt

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2015, 10:35:43 AM »
Down to about 15 - 20 folks running and doing laps so I'm outta here.

I hope you enjoyed the broadcasts.

Gregg

Offline RansomT

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2015, 10:40:55 AM »
Down to about 15 - 20 folks running and doing laps so I'm outta here.

I hope you enjoyed the broadcasts.

Gregg

I didn't get a chance to listen today, but I did on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Thank You!

Offline konon

• New folks
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2015, 03:00:41 PM »
Listened Saturday also, thanks
Sherman racing  M/PG 750

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2015, 05:45:21 PM »
Gee, I'm very pleased.  After working with the idea for a couple of years, and with Max Hettiger's help we got it up and running - sorta.  In '13 SCTA did their own and we had some at other events, but still had a few glitches, and then last year it was pretty good for WoS and the Shootout and of course the Wilmington events and now Wilmington and Loring and it's working -- great!!!  Thanks go mostly to Gregg.  He's doing the real leg work, and also -- thanks to Chris Midget for doing lots of background work with the audio system itself.  Me -- well, I'm the one that buys the few bits of hardware that we need and sets up the cellphone account that we use and mostly I'm the one that begs the $$ to keep everything up and going.  And most of all -- for sure -- are you folks that send along a bit of $$ now and then to pay for the bills we rack up doing the audio.

And so I'll now broach the idea that Ed Shadle and I have bounced around:  If we can make it work -- I might go out to the Alvord Desert this September/October to deliveer audio from his efforts.  His IT guys say that cellphone service out there is either crappy or sh*tty depending on the time of day or the color of the user's eyes or something, so it might not work at all.  And while I haven't dug into it - I suppose a satellite phone would work - but would cost a frickin' ton.  The audio from Ed's adventure out there would be cooler than hell to provide and hear -- but just like the Shootout -- there'll be lots of times without anything.  And I know, for sure, that you don't want to hear me extolling the qualities of Nancy's adventures.  Well, on second thought, you probably would like to hear them.  Hey -- I KNOW that you'd be interested - - but I'm not going to tell her stories.  That's up to her.  Anyway - there'd be lots of dead air and that makes the cost of satellite up and down kinda difficult to justify.  Whaddaya tink of the idea?

Thanks again go to Gregg, whose real name is Geriatric, I think.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

gkabbt

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 05:46:29 PM »
Also, remember that the audio streams were archived and you can get to them by using the regular link and look for archived.

Gregg

gkabbt

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2015, 05:51:16 PM »
SSS,
Just to throw this out there: If you were to get satellite service, we could do both audio and video!
DO EEET!   :evil:  :-D  :cheers:

Geriatric, but not as geriatric as SSS.....OUCH!  :-D  :-D  :-D

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2015, 07:14:39 PM »
Slim --

A one-car meet would sure create a lot of dead space.  Even with a knowledgeable reporter.  And, as much as I admire their determination, not an FIA record.

Why not make a return visit to El Mirage -- it we have another this year.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2015, 07:45:07 PM »
The Alvord desert event might be worthy of airing simply because of the unique-osity of it.  I know that a one-car event would leave lots of folks wondering why I did it. 

As for EM -- well, that's one heck of a long way for me to go.  Since SCTA has streaming equipment it would probably make more sense for that organisation to stream than for me to hitch-hike out there to stream a day - or maybe two, if I go to the first or last - of vehicles and dust.  Stan -- I could send the hardware and some instructions to you so you could put it on the internet for us.  Interested?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline dw230

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2015, 08:32:34 PM »
Ed has on Micro Soft, I bet they could help.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2015, 09:01:55 PM »
Why not do the Alvord Desert the same way that the networks do it and put it on tape delay so it could be broadcast at a specified hour at the end of each day. That might lead to better continuity. It would also allow for the variables that happen in that sort of program where some days might be virtually blank while others might involve a fair bit of activity.

Pete

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2015, 12:49:58 AM »
Pete, I like your idea. Live would be hard to keep up with. A daily report would ne great.
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2015, 11:37:45 AM »
Slim --

Me and electric things don't get along.  I take my flashlights to Home Depot for battery replacement.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Jessechop

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2015, 07:00:50 PM »
Thank you Gregg and SSS for doing this. We hope you enjoyed yourself through the raindrops Gregg