Author Topic: Good Guys West Coast Nats  (Read 13524 times)

Offline dw230

Re: Good Guys West Coast Nats
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2015, 02:01:04 PM »
Mike,

That would be awesome! I'll add you to the list.

Thanks,
DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline dw230

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 11:55:17 AM »
OK,

At this point we have 14 committments, outstanding!

I spoke w/Janae at GG yesterday and the next step is up to me to gather names and mailing addresses so that GG can send out entry forms.

I asked about selling team shirts at the show and they have to run that 'up the mast'. I explained that you guys invested some resources into product that is now dead inventory, fingers crossed. There will be a trailer lot available.

What I need very soon is a mailing address, contact info, number of crew passes needed, length of vehicle, trailer pass needed?, and a photo for the program if available.

Please contact me in this thread or:

email - dwarner230@yahoo.com
818-689-4418 cell
818-998-4435 hm

Time is short
Thanks,
DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline dw230

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2015, 01:17:38 PM »
I am sending/calling everyone for the info I requested. My drop dead day is Tuesday so, please help.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline dw230

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 08:12:24 PM »
There has been no activity on this thread recently. I would like to report that as of this afternoon our LSR display will include 17 cars and bikes. The West Coast Nationals is the Good Guy's biggest event of the year. We had a mini display in 2014 and it was so well received that GG wanted us in a bigger display.  I went last year and was floored by the number of cars and bikes, big sensory overload.

I would like to invite all our LSR friends in the area to come see the display in our new building. Hang with the vehicles(wear your salt hats or tees) and when someone asks a question you can regale them with feats of heroism, or not. Anyway, come on out and say Hi, we want all the exposure and missing salt stories we can get.

August 20--23, 2015

Check out this link:

https://www.good-guys.com/hotnews/?p=9878

See ya'all next weekend,
DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2015, 03:53:12 PM »
There has been no activity on this thread recently. I would like to report that as of this afternoon our LSR display will include 17 cars and bikes. The West Coast Nationals is the Good Guy's biggest event of the year. We had a mini display in 2014 and it was so well received that GG wanted us in a bigger display.  I went last year and was floored by the number of cars and bikes, big sensory overload.

I would like to invite all our LSR friends in the area to come see the display in our new building. Hang with the vehicles(wear your salt hats or tees) and when someone asks a question you can regale them with feats of heroism, or not. Anyway, come on out and say Hi, we want all the exposure and missing salt stories we can get.

August 20--23, 2015

Check out this link:

https://www.good-guys.com/hotnews/?p=9878

See ya'all next weekend,
DW
And if you come.......bring beer :cheers: :-D
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline dw230

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2015, 11:42:33 AM »
Yes, please do. My wife will be there and I won't be able to transfer some with us. Vendor beer is $8-10 a cup.

:cheers:

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline cheeto racer

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2015, 08:24:32 PM »
Yes, please do. My wife will be there and I won't be able to transfer some with us. Vendor beer is $8-10 a cup.

:cheers:

DW

Well as long as there is wine!

Offline dw230

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2015, 11:17:10 AM »
This is a little late, the show was last weekend.

We had 17 LSR vehicles at the show in our dedicated building. Right down the center. The building has a slight crown, a crack from an earlier earthquake I suppose, and the four Jack Costella cars and bikes displayed there were high centered with either front or rear wheels off the ground. This made for many interesting questions. Before I get to my thank you list, I was set up in the corner of the building and talked myself dry explaining what we do and most importantly the disaster that is our beloved salt flats.

I would like to thank our group of local(Nor Cal) racers who tuned out and shared their vehicles with the public. The display was open so that attendees could walk around the vehicles for a 360 deg. look at and inside. I saw several canopies opened and young, some not so young, kids getting in the cars. Great PR for our sport.

The list included:
Got Salt-Frankie Silva, Ross Ireland, John Sprenger and crew, Thunder Salt II-Brian and Celia Dean and crew chief Vinny, Flashpoint Streamliner-Bob Dalton, Bobbie Dalton and a very interesting in car video that ran in a loop, DC Waterjet Modified Sports-Duane Cole and crew, Ack Attack Streamliner- Mike Attatiff, Ken Puccio and crew, Walsh, Walsh, Walsh B/BStR-Tom, John and Justin Walsh. We had four Jack Costella(recently turned 80 yrs young) vehicles on display. First was Michele Brading-Costella-Dennee lakester, Jim Hoogerhyde-Costella-Hoogerhyde lakester, Tim Cunha-Costella-Cunha-Bassiano motorcycle side car and Jack's famous 5050 motorcycle streamliner belly flopper. Brad Bosworth and JR brought the Valley Fever streamliner, John Beck, Dave Davidson and Chet Thomas showed no less than three Vintage Hot Rod Roadsters, The 911 fastest high boy blown fuel roadster, the 811 C/AIR 2014 El Mirage season champion roadster and Chet's 711 AA/BStR. A very impressive display with all the trophy's and awards with the cars. Dennis Mariani brought the new streamliner out, recently returned from Troy's shop. Napa resident, Patrick McClendon brought his Fuel Altered late model Camaro along. Good Guy John Paxson brought the Ward-Paxson Opel Mod Sports car in its bright orange paint.

I would like to thank Good Guys Gary Meadors, Mark Meadors, Harry Daviess and Janae Jensen without whom I could not have done this event. The GG want us to make this an annual event, I had to warn them that if we go racing on the salt the turnout may be lower than this year.

Thanks once again the all who made this a great LSR display,
DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline dw230

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2015, 12:05:50 PM »
These photos from Spenser Simon just hit Hot Rod Hotline:

https://www.hotrodhotline.com/bonneville-cars-goodguys-pleasanton#.VgQ1H8tVhBc

Thanks Spenser for posting.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline tauruck

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2015, 08:33:22 PM »
Awesome pics. Thanks for posting. :cheers: