Author Topic: Racer Spokesman  (Read 23028 times)

Offline Ron Gibson

Re: Racer Spokesman
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 09:47:52 AM »
Economically speaking, and someone is getting paid, way cheaper to put out a statement of some sort rather than have someone reading and answering how many hundred emails individually. Then asking us for donations.

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline BasementBorn

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 11:20:10 AM »
You are all correct. It is a missed opportunity and it is frustrating. My point is venting on here might not get the info you want so go to the source and tell them the same thing you are saying here. It's just as easy to send an email as it is to post here and although they visit the forum on occasion it may be more effective to talk to them.
Gabe Gorton
Gorton Racing 1060 650APS-BG
Team Banana 1361 F/CPRO

Offline tauruck

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 08:31:00 AM »
You are all correct. It is a missed opportunity and it is frustrating. My point is venting on here might not get the info you want so go to the source and tell them the same thing you are saying here. It's just as easy to send an email as it is to post here and although they visit the forum on occasion it may be more effective to talk to them.

Lots of very clever guys on this forum. Thanks for giving me as one who loves the sport but has never been to Speed Week an opportunity to read all of the above. Bob, you rock. :cheers:

I'd like to comment on your last sentence where you say STS visit the forum on occasion. They should have someone on here pretty much all the time. Who wants to save the salt more than the members here?????.
Transparency, updates and more are required and very regularly too.
Just my 2c. Thanks all.

Offline typo41

• Huntimer Photography
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 07:47:59 PM »
Save the Salt
They gots BIG support from SEMA and the Collation.
They gots themselves a Washington lawyer
They must be REALLY big with offices over-looking the Potomac near The Watergate.

But for those of us that every month sit in a SCTA Board Meeting, we see the real guys. Guys like you and me.

We all want to 'Save the Salt" we all want the surface to race upon. But we have to be very careful and tread lightly. Right now there is a push to stop all the mining, and yes there is a mountain of salt on the wrong side of the freeway and if the mining operation goes away who will move that mountain of salt?

So we find the right amount of officials to really call the Bonneville Salt Flats a National Treasure, how many greasy racers will they allow on the surface?

Do we back-off and stop? No, but we must be careful of who we put in the spot light and what our actions will really result.

And

I am sure StS could really use a highly trained and wizbang web designer and updater on the team.
Tony Huntimer
Huntimer Photography

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 11:38:39 PM »
I expect like any normal mining lease there would be a reclamation clause in the contract. My concern would be if the reclamation cannot be completed do they escape by paying a fine or making another paper sale to another company.
Isn't that what happened when Riley's lease was coming to an end in the 90's, giving Intrepid a new lease? Can somebody clarify that??
I only have questions! :?
  Sid. 

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 01:25:19 AM »
  Well Sid, all you have to do in this day and age is go bankrupt and dissolve the corporation or Limited Liability Corporation after first shelling the assets and Bingo, no pensions get paid, your accountant disappears and better yet the Media finds out the Company is now registered in Granada.............  Ain't no big thang............ :-D :-o :-P :roll:
Bob Drury

Offline sodbuster

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 02:05:57 PM »
Yep.

Save the Salt
They gots BIG support from SEMA and the Collation.
They gots themselves a Washington lawyer
They must be REALLY big with offices over-looking the Potomac near The Watergate.

But for those of us that every month sit in a SCTA Board Meeting, we see the real guys. Guys like you and me.

We all want to 'Save the Salt" we all want the surface to race upon. But we have to be very careful and tread lightly. Right now there is a push to stop all the mining, and yes there is a mountain of salt on the wrong side of the freeway and if the mining operation goes away who will move that mountain of salt?

So we find the right amount of officials to really call the Bonneville Salt Flats a National Treasure, how many greasy racers will they allow on the surface?

Do we back-off and stop? No, but we must be careful of who we put in the spot light and what our actions will really result.

And

I am sure StS could really use a highly trained and wizbang web designer and updater on the team.
A Devil with A Hammer & Hell with A Torch

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 05:49:39 PM »
In this day of mass media frenzy, I think we need a face that everybody knows.
Anybody here know Jay Leno?

Sam
Turbo Sportsters since '97

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 06:07:19 PM »
Keep pushing guys we must have a-- paradigm shift-- we are going to have to get active-

-my thoughts have been expressed in the other link, where this one will end up

We must ALSO get involved politically individually and collectively!--so far few understand or they are not willing to get out of their comfort zone----

When I talk to the organizations that are fighting this Federal Grab---

this "Fundamentally Transforming America".  I have flat out been told--YOU GUYS ARE IN TROUBLE!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:39:08 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2015, 09:51:34 AM »
   Sam,
    Check with Peter Hendrickson [Montana Dodge Boys Fast Four on Facebook]. I think he has been in contact or is trying.
   Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline tauruck

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2015, 10:21:17 AM »
In this day of mass media frenzy, I think we need a face that everybody knows.
Anybody here know Jay Leno?

Sam

Good thinking Sam. Jay would help IMO. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline typo41

• Huntimer Photography
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2015, 01:26:29 PM »
Jay Leno??

Well you better have your ducks in a row. Here is a man that Banked all his NBC dough and built his massive car collection from his evening job, I wish the calendars paid as well.

And you better have all the right information, not just someone: thoughts, ideas and guesses.

But you know what could get Jay on board?  Put him in a fire suit.
Tony Huntimer
Huntimer Photography

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2015, 03:20:05 PM »
That's been one of the big problems here, there hasn't been a lot of real information come out of anywhere. :dhorse:
  Sid.

Offline rgdavid

• fancy metalwork
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2015, 05:00:30 PM »
Not just the right information (geologic,historic,mining facts etc) but defined needs to what the salt needs to be put back into condition,

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2015, 08:36:58 PM »
With or without his endorsement, Jay can take a pass on my bike.
But he needs to bring his own leathers...

Sam
Turbo Sportsters since '97