Author Topic: What changes are you making to race at the SCTA Mojave Mile speedweek(end)  (Read 12194 times)

Offline 1leg

I give permission to move this topic if you feel it's in the wrong location.

Just want to here what changes people are making to thier Race Cars or Race Bikes inorder to race at Mojave.

I'm really looking forward to this event! I think it's a great move by SCTA and would love it if they could run here a few times a year! BTW, I'm not a racer YET!
Jerry
SDRC Member since 2013

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
Psalm 27:17

Offline jl222

We have the Bonneville Pro computer program which has a 1 mile pavement option -Bville- and El mirage

I thought lower gears would help but going straight to the  1 mile pavement option with no changes in altitude or temp
  there was only a couple mph dif with lower gears. 270 at 6400. So no changes for us. Troys driving and is supposed to
take it a little easy the 1st run.

We have 4 wheel brakes and 12 ft funny car type chutes with short cords. Same size and length funny cars have used to stop
for many years at 320+mph. And I have pulled both at over 270mph with no great shock to me or the car.

JL222

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
I will have to make several changes---I will not make this meet.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline jl222

We have the Bonneville Pro computer program which has a 1 mile pavement option -Bville- and El mirage

I thought lower gears would help but going straight to the  1 mile pavement option with no changes in altitude or temp
  there was only a couple mph dif with lower gears. 270 at 6400. So no changes for us. Troys driving and is supposed to
take it a little easy the 1st run.

We have 4 wheel brakes and 12 ft funny car type chutes with short cords. Same size and length funny cars have used to stop
for many years at 320+mph. And I have pulled both at over 270mph with no great shock to me or the car.

JL222

HOW could I have forgot :-o  10in. WIDE TIRES :-D

JL222

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Wow, I heard the 6 inch tires worked best on the pavement...  :roll:
Good luck guys, wish we were racing 700 miles closer to me and 700 east of Mojave.....
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline GH

John, I have heard that before,"take it easy on the first pass", I always forgot it when strapped in the car.

Offline jl222

John, I have heard that before,"take it easy on the first pass", I always forgot it when strapped in the car.

How ya doing old buddy? Yeah, you notice I didn't say, will take it easy :-)

JL222 :cheers:

Offline NathanStewart

I'm rootin' for you guys to run 280.  This guy has a 2000hp street driven corvette and he's shooting for fastest mile car on earth: http://www.vettetv.com/big-power-z06-shows-off-on-the-dyno/.  Would be great if the bragging rights went to an LSR car.
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline jl222

I'm rootin' for you guys to run 280.  This guy has a 2000hp street driven corvette and he's shooting for fastest mile car on earth: http://www.vettetv.com/big-power-z06-shows-off-on-the-dyno/.  Would be great if the bragging rights went to an LSR car.

Thanks Nathan  280 could be possible , we dynoed at 2350 rear wheel hp and Bville pro ask for dyno power so being conservative I inputed 2468 hp. Program shows it should take 8 sec to go from 6500-7000 rpm at Bville in high gear and we did it in 4sec.

With no changes to program except 1 mile asphalt track Bville pro shows 270 mph. Adding 15% to 2350 hp =2702 hp and
278+ mph. It also shows tire slip at top of 1st gear and start of second so Troy needs to be careful.

Hopefully the track is clean. We need to inspect it carefully.

This is easy to do sitting at the computer, but we've never been able to hammer down the throttle until high gear.

JL222
 Stop by and have a cold one :cheers:

Offline Ron Gibson

I see the Vette only has one chute. Confidence :-D :-D

Ron

Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
The track record at Beeville is held by a Ford GT 278+.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline jimmy six

I thout it was 470 ! ! !
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
I thout it was 470 ! ! !

Almost JD.... 447 in Klicks...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O