Author Topic: Window Net or ?  (Read 2479 times)

Offline DCarr511

Window Net or ?
« on: September 03, 2006, 08:18:11 PM »
With Door Cars and the over sized window net required, or shown in the rule book to keep your legs / feet inside. I have seen some cars with Sheet Metal covering the X brace in the door area. If it is fastened to the inside of the X bars would that be acceptable for the lower portion ?

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
Window Net or ?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 05:41:18 PM »
Mine is attached to the outside of the roll cage bracing (easier to paint)
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline DCarr511

Window Net or ?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 01:10:56 AM »
Quote from: LSR Mike
Mine is attached to the outside of the roll cage bracing (easier to paint)

Mike ...Thanks for the response. Do you still run the full size window net or one just large enough to cover the open area ?

Offline NathanStewart

Re: Window Net or ?
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 10:43:11 PM »
Quote from: DCarr511
With Door Cars and the over sized window net required, or shown in the rule book to keep your legs / feet inside. I have seen some cars with Sheet Metal covering the X brace in the door area. If it is fastened to the inside of the X bars would that be acceptable for the lower portion ?

As a safety tech inspector I would say yes, having sheetmetal fastened to the inside of the X bars would be acceptable for the lower portion.  Two things:

1) Watch out for sharp edges

2) Don't forget the upper portion (window net)

While you're trying to figure out your limb restraint setup consider that the doors are typically one of the first things to let go in a roll over.  Imagine that there are no doors on the car and that you want to keep your legs/feet inside at all times.  If you go about it that way I think you'll  have a good idea of what you need to do.

Best of luck.
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member