Author Topic: July 2015 Meet  (Read 10441 times)

Online Stan Back

July 2015 Meet
« on: July 11, 2015, 09:02:40 PM »
Real small turn-out.  Nice (for July) temperatures.  Wind today in the afternoon -- off and on.

We're starting 53 -- looks more like 25.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline jdincau

Re: July 2015 Meet
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 09:26:26 PM »
Dang, Tony has to work so we won't be running, I will be there to lurk though.
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 11:06:43 PM »
A.M. patrol for me. I'll see you go by Stan.....   8-)
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 07:51:23 PM »
Well the July El Mirage meet is generally a smaller turn out as it can be very hot and some folks would rather save their stuff for Bonneville next month.
Anyway a good turn out, temps in the upper 80's, & not much wind! A nice day on the Dirt....

About a dozen records set by the usual suspects: Bill Latten, John Noonan, Jim Hogerhide, The Fergesons, with both 'liners too I think, and the Vintage Hot Rod 811 roadster.

I think Latten was running a Jimmy Stevens flathead on fuel in CC. Sounded real good, as did the Arden powered streamliner of the Fegesons. Noonan was running in an un-faired class and upped that record by a bunch. Any how, nice day at the lakes. 

I was on patrol in the morning so this is all the pictures I got with my lousy point and shoot. Enjoy........ or don't  :-D
Michael LeFevers

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 07:59:45 PM »
Oh, that's right. Brandon Leggett pitched a rod in Les Leggett's Studebaker the Beast early in his run catching fire and burning the 'chutes off the car. He stopped with no real problem and was ok.

Again my camera is not that great. The car is on fire here you just can't tell from my picture. When they were loading the car to leave you can see it is not to badly damaged.

I also added a picture of the 811 crew after drive Paul Bowman set his first ever record.
Last one is with Paul
Michael LeFevers

Offline burbanite

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 03:12:04 PM »
I also added a picture of the 811 crew after drive Paul Bowman set his first ever record.
Last one is with Paul

You must have been standing right beside me when you took those last two photos... :-)

I'll post a few of my own.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Offline burbanite

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 03:15:50 PM »

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Offline burbanite

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 03:17:27 PM »

Offline burbanite

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 03:19:52 PM »

Is it possible to post short videos here? I have one of the "push bar/chute" incident....

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 03:29:19 PM »
Bo, you can't post a video directly -- but you can do it by using one of the photosharing sites - like Photobucket.  That's pretty easy - and doesn't cost anything -- and I'm fine with you putting it on the forum.  I suppose you could put it on YouTube - but haven't ever tried that so don't know for sure what to do.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline burbanite

• New folks
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 06:42:53 PM »
Bo, you can't post a video directly -- but you can do it by using one of the photosharing sites - like Photobucket.  That's pretty easy - and doesn't cost anything -- and I'm fine with you putting it on the forum.  I suppose you could put it on YouTube - but haven't ever tried that so don't know for sure what to do.

Link to youtube https://youtu.be/oJ-rLRJAjUo

Offline 1leg

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 09:11:16 PM »

Link to youtube https://youtu.be/oJ-rLRJAjUo
[/quote]

Wow, i guess will see some updates to the rule book over that!
Jerry
SDRC Member since 2013

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
Psalm 27:17

Offline burbanite

• New folks
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 09:25:28 PM »

Wow, i guess will see some updates to the rule book over that!

Not sure what was going on there, perhaps the truck was not the one they normally use for that car? The plate was too low relative to the bar, one of the guys jumped on it to try to bend it down but it didn't work and when they pushed off the bar rode over the plate and things went South as the chute got tangled. It deployed straight away and was fully blossomed within a few yards of the start...

The track announcer said that the run would be slow but at least it would be straight... :-D

Offline dw230

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 10:00:53 AM »
No modification to the rule book necessary. I think they learned their lesson here.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 11:36:46 AM »
Dan...I sent you a PM re engine sealing. Did you get it?   KP....