Author Topic: 4th  (Read 2231 times)

Offline jacksoni

4th
« on: July 03, 2015, 07:55:23 PM »
So, grilled Tuscan chicken under a brick, grilled some corn and the first small zucchini from the garden, sliced the first tomato from the garden. Tomorrow, steamed crabs. A few  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Short block on my engine assembled, should have head by late Monday. Still don't know if going to make it to SW. In the meantime, hope everyone has a great day in this great country of ours.  :-) :-) :-D
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: 4th
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 09:04:40 PM »
Nancy works 7-4 tomorrow/the 4th, and me?  I get to walk in not one but TWO parades.  I'm the parade chairman (okay, the parade sergeant) for the Marquette Area Blues Society's entry.  Marquette's parade is at 2PM and Ishpeming, up the road about 15 miles, is at 11.

I remember the parade back in '92 or so.  I was working it then -- ham radio operators do the communications to get the thing put together.  Anyway - the parade usually was started off by either a siren or maybe gunshots or something - so everyone would know it's time to start.  That year -- being that it was during the first Gulf war -- we had a B-52 fly over at maybe a thousand feet at precisely 11AM - starting time.  We ALL knew when the parade started that time.  It was great.  You shoulda heard the crowd cheerin and waving and going all goofy.  That's one I won't forget.

Have a safe and happy 4th, on and all.  Lots of folks have sacrificed so we could enjoy the day -- so think of them, too.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com