Author Topic: Newb in need of some advice  (Read 20013 times)

Offline mtkawboy

Re: Newb in need of some advice
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2015, 04:30:44 PM »
Its a site to behold if it really rains hard and an ugly one at that. You could do Friday night in Salt Lake west of the airport, then 2 in Wells and by then find one in Wendover pretty easily

Offline Phil Bennett

• 1978 Indy 500 Pace Car
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2015, 04:33:00 PM »
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.  So by the sound of it getting to the starts on course 3 and 4 is unrealistic, that solves one issue.  It's good to hear it's possible to park between 1 and 2 and get to the start lines.  It'd be good just to get a different perspective of the courses and see some of the machines setting off.  I expect most of our time will be alongside course 1 but would like to spend some time at the start for the few days we are there.  We'll also be wandering the pits so if you see a pasty English couple panting behind an eager 9 year old thats us.  Also, if you happen to be running a Corvette I WILL be stopping for pictures (still running my '78 Pace Car).

Offline goodgollyjosh

• New folks
  • ToooWaaa
    • My auto blog
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2015, 11:49:31 AM »
Just wanted to post an update. I am the original poster for this thread and I was able to find a room in Wells for Speed Week. Also, I just wanted to say that the amount of support you guys show each other is great. I am not use to seeing this on other forums. Y'all really are a different breed. Not to mention all the private messages I have received since joining the forum and also since posting this thread. I have made a few pen pals and hope to see them out there on the Flats. Thanks again!  :cheers:
- Josh

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2015, 12:05:59 PM »
Josh, if that's the way you feel -- good for you.  How 'bout you make plans to be at Salt Talks on Sunday evening - 9 August 2015.  It'll be at the parking lot area of the new (to be built) Bonneville Museum in Wendover -- at the extreme east end of town.  It's kind of across from the Car Quest shop.  We start with the food around 6 or so and go until 9-ish.  Lots of talking, food, bring your own chair and alcohol, and we have an auction to raise money to support this website.  Salt Talks is free -- and there are donation cans here and there for you to assuage your guilty conscience for having enjoyed such a fine event for free.  We'll also have Salt Talks t-shirts available at the "picnic".

See you on the salt.  Come find Nancy and me in the SSS trailer, too.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com