Author Topic: SOLD Rear Engine Modified Roadster SOLD  (Read 3538 times)

Offline Eddieschopshop

SOLD Rear Engine Modified Roadster SOLD
« on: June 29, 2015, 05:12:34 PM »
Okay,  I am just gauging interest at this point.  I have two new projects in the works and as with a lot of us low buck guys usually something has to go to finance the new project.  I am currently gathering parts for a streamliner that I would like to run in 2017 and am deciding if I want to run my roadster next year or not.  I am considering selling it as a roller to help finance the new project.

I am asking for opinions on what a fair price would be.  I hate selling stuff but if I do I like to price it fair and have it sell.  Not hold out for ever trying to get some unrealistic price.  Since I build stuff I have a skewed idea on cost etc.  

The roadster would be sold as a roller.  It is currently set up with a transaxle and most likely whoever bought it would need to do some modifying for a normal engine/trans combo.  Or I may do that prior to or as part of the sale.  

If you are not familiar with the car,  it currently holds the b/BF 240 and b/BG 236  at elmo and the b/BG at bville   The car has gone 276 at bville on its first outing and I am hoping for near the 300 mark this year.  The car will be at Speedweek and Nov El Mirage again this year.  

« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:00:50 AM by Stainless1 »

Offline Eddieschopshop

Re: Rear Engine Modified Roadster
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 05:21:34 PM »
The chassis was built narrow with the idea that it could be converted into a lakester at some point if I so desired.  Fully tigwelded 1.75 dom construction.  1/8" floor under cockpit. Independent rear suspension that can be used with a quick change or other center section coupled straight to trans and still have suspension.  Aluminum body with molded 1/4' polycarbonate windshield. I think the car has excellent aero for the class, built in diffusers underneath rear that are extremely effective,  fully adjustable wing.  blah blah blah..... see what a great salesperson I am?

Even big boys fit....but I had plans to modify the windshield for easier access.

Offline rmcmullin

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 05:48:34 PM »
Let me know when you decide on a price. I have an interest, live in the Bay Area, and would drive up to take a look.

Thanks,
Roger McMullin
Rogermcmullin@comcast.net
650 766 2517 (mobile)

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 12:02:57 PM »
Good Morning  I forgot to mention that anyone local or willing to come by is always welcome.  I am at my shop 6-7 days a week 8-6ish just call first to make sure I am not out getting parts.  I have the body off in prep for speedweek,  its a good time to see it.  When the body and all the crap is on you can't see much of the back of the car.   

6243 Main st Orangevale CA 95662
Eddie's Chop Shop
916-203-2210

Still thinking on price,  but it will be fair.  Roger i'll give you a call.

Offline rmcmullin

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 02:21:27 PM »
Eddie:

I'll be around all week, so just give me a call when it's convenient and we can discuss.

Roger

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 12:15:48 PM »
Thanks for all the interest.  Car is sold