Author Topic: Off to BUB's Speed Trials  (Read 2899 times)

landracing

Off to BUB's Speed Trials
« on: September 01, 2006, 10:32:20 PM »
Group,

Im finally off to BUB's.

We got the bike together Thursday night and fired it up, found we had a cylinder leak in #3. Had to take it back apart and wait until Friday morning to get new head gaskets... Got it back together and fired about 4 pm... Go to mount body work on and nothing fit. Clearance issues because I got different turbo and the exit pipes were in different spots, compressor outlet was in different spot etc etc... Anyways we are on the trailer and heading out at 10pm tonight and roll into wendover I would say about 6-7 am...

I have nice selection of movies to watch so hopefully time goes by fast... Reporting will start Saturday which is just inspection day on the salt and event starts Sunday.

Jon

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Off to BUB's Speed Trials
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 10:53:38 PM »
Quote from: landracing
Group,

Im finally off to BUB's..................Anyways we are on the trailer and heading out at 10pm tonight and roll into wendover I would say about 6-7 am...Jon

Don't know how you do it.  I'm too old for that schedule.  I'm about ready to go, but won't leave until 6-7 in the morning when you get there.  I should be there between 1 and 2 in the afternoon.

I'm beat, but looking forward to this,

Sum

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 12:04:17 AM »
Good Luck to Jon, Sumner and ALL those going to BUB. I really hope the salt is good and you have record runs. I wish I was there too.

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline Snail

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 12:22:12 AM »
What a day...finally got everything up and running and loaded.   Leaving at Midnight and expect to be in Wenover tomorwo afternoon.

I'll be pitting with Team Elves, and riding blue and white Gix #692

See you there!

Offline firemanjim

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 01:54:33 AM »
Paul and Jon,see you guys tomorrow sometime.Leaving Vacaville about 6:00 am.I-80 straight through.
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!