Author Topic: Tarps at El Mirage  (Read 3174 times)

Offline Elmo Rodge

Tarps at El Mirage
« on: June 23, 2015, 12:48:23 PM »
It looks like we'll be using tarps under the vehicles at El Mirage, just like Bonneville. This starts immediately. So, I guess we'll be driving stakes into the surface so it'll break up easier to load on trucks. The BLM must have found a buyer for the dirt.  :roll: Wayno

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
Re: Tarps at El Mirage
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 07:14:20 PM »
I'll have to re-read it but I took it as only during fueling and large amounts of fuel sitting on the lake bed
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 07:16:30 PM »
From scta facebook

SCTA Southern California Timing Association
7 hrs ยท
Below you will find some BLM Stipulations we all must follow. Also, PLEASE put a tarp or carpet under your Race Vehicle when parked in your pits - It is a MANDATORY REQUIREMENT
BLM STIPULATIONS - FUEL & FLUIDS MANAGEMENT:
The permittee is required to inform all persons associated with the SRP directly or indirectly of this stipulation requirement.
ALL VEHICLES โ€“ A method of controlling and capturing fuel spilled during fueling must be placed under all dump cans and under each vehicle during fueling operations. Commercially available absorbent products are available but a piece of scrap carpet is acceptable as long as the carpet absorbs the fuels and does not simply allow the fuels to run off or drain through.
ALL PITS WITH 50 OR MORE GALLONS OF FUEL โ€“ All pits that have 50 or more gallons of fuel available, whether in drums or dump cans, must provide for fuel containment. At a minimum this requires โ€“ 1) an impermeable membrane with raised edges capable of containing all fuels on site should the containment vessel fail and 2) absorbent materials (commercially produced spill pads, diapers) available to soak up spilled fuels. This does not apply to fuels located within fuel trucks or fuel drums not in use store in trucks or trailers
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 12:33:24 PM »
looks to me like fueling is a seperate thing.  It says  "also put a tarp under your vehicle" and then talks about fuel.  I take that as needing a tarp at all times.

Offline dw230

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 01:15:37 PM »
That's what I understood at the board meeting. I am putting tarps down in Impound, please do not trip on the edges.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 01:32:13 PM »
I bet all of those 4 wheelers and motorcycles are going to be surprised when they find out they have to have tarps under their vehicles when they're parked. Wayno

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 03:32:26 PM »
My bet is that since the ORV folks are not organized (so no one but the blm to control them) they are exempt... it is the bureaucratic way  :dhorse:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline jl222

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 06:20:17 PM »

Out of control bureaucrats justifying their jobs.

You can almost hear them saying ''we got to come up with some new rule, were on the committee''

We should have a contest about the new rule for next year :roll:

Bad idea though they might read it.

JL222