Author Topic: Dennis Barker  (Read 1678 times)

Plan B

Dennis Barker
« on: June 22, 2015, 09:52:34 PM »
Dennis Barker passed away early last Saturday morning at his home in Layton Utah.

Long time USFRA member and avid Bonneville enthusiast, Dennis lost a long battle with COPD and associated complications.

Personally, Dennis got me, my son and several other rodders / racers from the midwest interested, enthused and involved
with Bonneville and the USFRA World of Speed.

He offered all of us the use of his car (pictured in the avatar) for the 130 Club and helped us with several project vehicles.

He was the 'B' in BS Racing, (I'm the 'S'), and he lived long enough to see BS Racing in the ECTA record book at Wilmington.

Viewing will be Tuesday June 23 from 6 to 8 pm at Aaron's Mortuary in Clearfield Utah, with graveside services Wednesday at 10 am.

Thanks for the ride buddy .... miss you already.

Don Strong

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Re: Dennis Barker
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 10:00:05 PM »
COPD is an insidious respiratory disease; it is progressive- you never get any better. Advanced stages are like trying to breathe through a straw, 24 hours a day. My first wife suffered from COPD for years before finally reaching the end.

I can sympathize with Dennis and his friends & family. It is a tough thing to live with. RIP.

Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Dennis Barker
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 10:03:53 PM »
GodSpeed Dennis...
Our condolences to his family and close friends... he is joining some pretty fast company.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O