Author Topic: First time El Mirage observations  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Frankie7799

First time El Mirage observations
« on: June 16, 2015, 04:25:25 PM »
I initially shared this on my Facebook page so thats why there is an explanation of what EM is all about. Thought I might share it here with those of you who Im not friends with on FB.

What a weekend. Where to start? For those not familiar with race cars, hot rods and landspeed racing my trip to the El Mirage dry lake in CA to watch a So Cal Timing Association event this weekend was like visiting Yankee Stadium, Madison Square Garden, Wimbeldon or the like in sports world. It is hallowed ground. It is the birthplace of timed speed trials, dating back to the 30s. Its just an amazing place. To take a car or motorcycle with a ton of horsepower and run it on dirt and clay as fast as you can and go as fast as they do in a mile ( 300+ mph in some cases ) is just an awesome feat. Much thanks to the Kraut Bros racing team who offered me such wonderful hospitality and allowed me the opportunity to be a part of their team this weekend was just incredible. I was friends with them here on FB but had never met any of them in person until I got to to El Mo Friday afternoon. I met many other wonderful racers while I was there as well. Plus it was good to see some folks who I had met at Bonneville two years ago A freindly and welcoming bunch overall. Thanks again everyone.

Cant wait to head west 300+ miles later this for another meet.

Offline 1leg

Re: First time El Mirage observations
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 08:56:42 PM »
From Surprise AZ, the heat wasn't a Surprise then  :-D

Jerry
SDRC Member since 2013

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
Psalm 27:17