Author Topic: Streamliner crew needed?  (Read 5299 times)

Offline pofg

Streamliner crew needed?
« on: June 09, 2015, 10:22:46 AM »
Well Folks,

Looks like the Flower of Scotland won't be making Speedweek again this year. It is simply not realistic to try and raise the sponsorship $$$ needed to ship her each way each year, and she's been stuck in California since 2013 after a sponsor didn't pay up.

Derek and the Scots lads are all busy with a fabulous new project running in the top level of saloon (sedan??) racing in the UK with a crew full of injured ex-soldiers. All of them would love to come and help out for Speedweek, but no-one has time to give the Flower the love and the prep she needs.

So how to make sure she's back on the Salt in 2016 and doesn't rot away in her trailer?

Well I guess I'm looking for some engineering talent in California that has always fancied a trip to the Salt/ not been out for a few years and would love to go back/ a shop that wants to promote itself?

I should be able to find sponsors to fund the motors/gearboxes and the Speedweek trip, but I'm afraid beyond that the coffers are very empty so I'm looking for (or dreaming... tin hat on for abuse) a volunteer crew that just fancy the opportunity to spanner on a beautiful bit of engineering like the Flower.

So is there a crew out there with the workshop space and talent to update and prepare a Streamliner in return for an "fully inclusive (beer too) paid trip" to Speedweek 2016?

Or do I have to move to California and do it myself? ;-)   (of course, if anyone knows any nice jobs in the financial sector in Cali that would employ a foreigner... let me know!)

All the best, (and still hoping I can make Speedweek even without a car)

And I appreciate I'm asking a lot here, so go gentle on the abuse??

Rick
Grazing the Gravel Trap of Insanity.

#1133 Flower of Scotland.

Offline Eddieschopshop

Re: Streamliner crew needed?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 10:53:49 AM »
I may be interested in talking to you about this.  I was planning on not running my car next year anyway during which time I may start building a new car.  I have a shop located in Sacramento CA.  I will be there this year running a rear engine roadster and also a comp coupe both of which I have designed/built/tuned at my shop.  I would like to get some experience with a streamliner.

If you look up Eddie's Chop Shop,  Ed Umland you can see some of my work.  Also Eddie's Chop Shop on facebook.

916-203-2210
Ed Umland

Offline 8

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 10:59:30 AM »
Send Me an Email jedfenn@msn.com

Offline BasementBorn

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 11:56:13 AM »
Rick, I may be interested in helping if you can't find something in California to work out. I am up in Seattle and run a 650APS-BG bike but intend on making the shift toward motorcycle streamliner after this year. Would definitely be good to get some experience on a liner that's already established. My contact info is gabe.gorton@gmail.com if you need it and I'll be at speed week, bike 1060. My buddies and I work for free, or beer, and come with an APE race parts sponsorship.
Gabe Gorton
Gorton Racing 1060 650APS-BG
Team Banana 1361 F/CPRO

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 03:07:37 PM »
Where's the car located now?
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline pofg

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 03:18:03 PM »
Near Stanton in SoCal,  Nate.
Grazing the Gravel Trap of Insanity.

#1133 Flower of Scotland.

Offline Tman

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 03:13:15 PM »
Rick, I am not on the West coast but would lend a hand on the salt (we may be retiring the truck and not have the new car ready)