Landracing Forum Home
September 26, 2017, 05:59:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TDI engine  (Read 24771 times)
manta22

What, me worry?

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2015, 10:37:07 AM »

Burton;

Night before last here in our neighborhood, a woman hit a cow. A few hours later and a hundred yards down the road, a guy hit two cows! This is open range country so if you hit a cow, you have to pay the rancher for that cow.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Stainless1
Administrator

Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele Wichita, Kansas

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2015, 03:06:36 PM »

But you end up with a lot of hamburger to eat....  grin
 cheers

Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, MSA Bockscar Lakester with a little N20 
MSA Bockscar Lakester #1000 my fastest mile 245 and change, 84 ci turbobusa motor... but Corey's 233 MPH H/BFL record is still 3MPH faster than mine.
manta22

What, me worry?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2015, 07:04:29 PM »

A flock of buzzards was taking care of that this morning.  tongue

BurtonBrown

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015, 09:54:19 PM »

Yeah I guess if you have to pay for it you might as well eat it......That's just not right though..... guy lets his cow walk down the road and then your responsible for it??

"Live every day like its your last....some day it will be"
Stainless1
Administrator

Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele Wichita, Kansas

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2015, 10:15:41 PM »

Neil lives inside of the cattle guard that protects the main road from cows on the open range... shocked  Open Range being the place where cows roam freely looking for anything that looks like cow food.  Not a lot of food per acre in that part of the country.  undecided
Seemed like there was a sign just past the guard....  cheers

Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, MSA Bockscar Lakester with a little N20 
MSA Bockscar Lakester #1000 my fastest mile 245 and change, 84 ci turbobusa motor... but Corey's 233 MPH H/BFL record is still 3MPH faster than mine.
kiwi belly tank

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2015, 11:13:26 AM »

Open Range laws here in the west date back to the "Wild West" days before we pounded down the road at 80 mph. If you hit a cow & die, the farmer can sue your dead a$$ for the cow. Just another thing the BLM isn't doing with all the Billions, fencing the land.

Mean time back in VW-ville, where's the TDI's? evil
  Sid.
36hplandspeedracer

Age 70

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2015, 12:34:28 AM »

Open Range laws here in the west date back to the "Wild West" days before we pounded down the road at 80 mph. If you hit a cow & die, the farmer can sue your dead a$$ for the cow. Just another thing the BLM isn't doing with all the Billions, fencing the land.

Mean time back in VW-ville, where's the TDI's? evil
  Sid.

Sid, the Winder family in Salt Lake City runs this streamliner using TDI variations including a single 4 cylinder, a 2 cylinder version of the 4 banger, and twin 4 cylinder TDI's. Top speed to date at Bonneville is 149 mph.

Photo by Burly Burlile

Burly

kiwi belly tank

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2015, 11:08:34 AM »

I remember seeing that liner & somebody said it was a 2 cyl diesel but I didn't know it had TDI's. That speed is not much more than a stock Jetta, is that maybe their one litre two cylinder engine speed?
  Sid.
36hplandspeedracer

Age 70

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2015, 12:41:04 PM »

I remember seeing that liner & somebody said it was a 2 cyl diesel but I didn't know it had TDI's. That speed is not much more than a stock Jetta, is that maybe their one litre two cylinder engine speed?
  Sid.

Sid, the 2 cylinder engine set a 2 way average "record" speed of 83.580 miles per hour with a maximum top speed of 86.322 mph. That is the "fastest" a under 1000cc diesel streamliner has gone at Bonneville. It is never easy to set records on the salt. You might consider this a "soft" record, but until someone challenges it, it remains the fastest for it's class.

Burly

BurtonBrown

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2017, 11:15:57 PM »

Update for 2L TDI,

So we are planning to be ready with some diesel engines this year 2L TDI VW and 3L Mercedes engines......We have a bit of work to do yet but if mother nature allows us we will be there this year hopefully having some fun with Diesel power in the liner. We have modified a Winters xtremeliner quick change and have it at 26" flange to flange and two different 5 speeds that should not break  grin
We will be posting some more pics over the next few weeks on our webpage www.victorymotorsports.org if anyone is interested in following along....
Burton

"Live every day like its your last....some day it will be"
SteveM

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2017, 03:22:43 PM »

Loving the small(er) displacement diesel streamliner stuff, Burton.  The smaller diesel engines are really coming into their own!

Goran just re-did the pump for my 1.5L engine.  I'm planning a similar strategic plan that you are.  Like you said, there is a lot of work still to be done, but I am confident that your streamliner and my truck will be ready for the salt in August.

I want to show up at Speed Week with the 2 liter Mercedes engine installed, and then swap in the 1.5L VW when we think we have gotten everything out of the 2 Liter that we can muster.

Steve.

1/2 of the Rampage Brothers
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: