Author Topic: Juan-Pablo Montoya wasn't the only winner at Indy. . .  (Read 4227 times)

velocity

Juan-Pablo Montoya wasn't the only winner at Indy. . .
« on: May 27, 2015, 01:05:05 AM »
"LandSpeed" Louise Earns Top Honors at All American Racing Writers & Broadcasters Association National Competition

May 23, 2015 – Speedway, IN - Winners of the 2014 All American Racing Writers & Broadcasters Association National Competition were announced during a breakfast ceremony held just prior to the 99th running of the Indy500. All magazine and newspaper judging was completed by an independent panel from a major journalism school. Entries were judged “blind,” no judge was aware of the writer or where the work was published. The works sent for judging were published in the 2014 calendar year.

FIRST | Newspaper Feature Writing | Women in Drag Racing: Hear Them Roar | New York Times
FIRST | Magazine Feature Writing | A Century of Speed | Society of Automotive Historians Journal
SECOND | Photography – Print Action | “Push-Started to Glory” | Custom Car Magazine, UK

“With the recent demise of the New York Times Auto Section, the recognition for my newspaper win is bittersweet,” explained Noeth, “I am grateful to Norm Mayersohn, Jim Cobb and Robert Peele for giving me the assignment and equally appreciative to ladies and their teams for all the time they spent helping me understand their approach to the sport of drag racing. The SAH Editor Ruben Verdes put in plenty of work helping me edit down an enormous, "century-long," manuscript to fit the Journal’s space limitations and yet still give the readership plenty to enjoy about the Bonneville Salt Falts. As for my photo win, geez, Colin Bond wins for driving the coolest push “truck” ever on Bonneville, an ethereally enthralling race place.”

The American Auto Racing Writers & Broadcasters Association (AARWBA) is the oldest and largest organization devoted to auto racing coverage. Founded in 1955 in Indianapolis, AARWBA has members throughout the United States, Canada and Europe. To encourage excellence in the coverage of motor sports, AARWBA media members submit their best work for the annual media contest. Categories are for written, broadcast, online and photographic work. Winners
present a true testament to the growth of the sport of auto racing.

Judges: Photography – Prof. Emeritus Susan Fleck, Pulliam School of Journalism, Franklin College, Indiana; Magazine & Newspaper Writing – Prof. Emeritus Jerry Miller, Pulliam School of Journalism, Franklin College, Indiana and AARWBA Contest Chairman

Supporting the group’s credo of “Dedicated to Increasing Media Coverage of Motor Sports” was Firestone and Honda who jointly sponsored the morning repast for the working press in attendance.

All the winning entries can be viewed at: www.landspeedproductions.biz
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:09:56 AM by velocity »

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
Re: Juan-Pablo Montoya wasn't the only winner at Indy. . .
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 01:25:09 AM »
Nice, congratulations.

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 01:29:48 AM »
Well done Louise!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks for your support of motorsport in general as well as lsr in particular.

Pete

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 11:43:13 AM »
Colin Bond's push "truck" mentioned by LSL: a JCB Fast-Trac.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 11:49:42 AM »
The JCB team could not believe that I was more interested in the push tractor than  the Liner!  Congrats LSL
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

velocity

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 03:17:08 PM »
Fast-Trac. . . I had forgotten the MFG. designation, thanks!!!!  I suppose I should have looked at my model that Dr.Leverton gave me, but that would have been easy!

Offline Interested Observer

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 10:47:51 PM »
Congrats, Louise.  Well deserved recognition.

“ . . .an ethereally enthralling race place.”    That description, in and of itself, deserves a prize too.

Offline BSTER

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 08:28:50 AM »
Congrats Louise.  Well deserved.