Author Topic: June El Mirage Two Day Meet  (Read 17193 times)

Offline sabat

Re: June El Mirage Two Day Meet
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2015, 08:31:41 AM »
Any reports from El Mirage? I hope the conditions are good and the speeds great.

gkabbt

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2015, 09:34:48 AM »
I REALLY wish there was someone there, like me, who would take pics and post links.....Maybe even do an audio stream!!!!!  :-D  :-D  :-D
Just a little to far for me to go!

Gregg

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2015, 01:26:57 PM »
When you are racing (& it's over 100 degrees) it gets hard to take time to take notes for reporting. A couple I do know Davidson 911 (C/BFR) went 245 this morning, Ed Fenn (B/FL) went 237 yesterday, Dennis Mariani (E/BGMR) went 229 this am, plenty more when we get time. We're gaining on it, still fighting some minor bugs...

Photo by Hugh Murphy
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline sabat

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2015, 01:31:57 PM »
Excllent, thanks and good luck, the car looks great.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2015, 09:57:16 PM »
"When racing ends is there a good sports bar near El Mirage? I'd really like to watch some of the 24 hours of LeMans this year."

Sorry I'm so late with this report.  I've attached a shot of the high-rollin' Casa de El Mirage Sports Bar and Cantina that we shot whizzing by on Friday morning.  The sign read they had $1 beers and a dozen big screen TVs with LeMans coverage.  Even had some scantily-clad French maidens translating.  And of course -- French dips for the dip-shits. 

Hope you got a chance to stop by,
Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2015, 09:58:33 PM »
Not much of breakfast crowd.   :mrgreen:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2015, 10:34:00 PM »
From the amount of cars in the parking lot there should be no wait getting a table. :cheers:
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline dw230

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2015, 10:27:22 AM »
A report to follow soon. At this point, before the timing report is generated, there are 15 car records, 9 motorcycle records with 2 pending engine certification.

As mentioned other places we suffered 3 days of 100+ temps and high humidity. Makes for some beat up officials at the end.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2015, 12:05:37 PM »
DW  Lite beer over ice in a big gulp cup  works for me..
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2015, 12:09:15 PM »
Had a great time at my first ever El Mirage meet. Still found myself not believing I was on such hallowed ground. Met some great people,  watched some great passes and even tagged along during rookine orientation Friday afternoon. Cant say enough about the hospitality I was offered by the Kraut Bros. Was friends with them on Facebook but had never met any of them in person until Friday afternoon. Definitely had a great time and will try to get to one of the meets later this year. Cant wait till Bonneville now for my 2nd trip there.

Offline azgearhed

• 1979 Z-28 AA/CBGC & AA/CGC & AA/CBGALT
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2015, 01:43:16 PM »
Great weekend for our team. :-D Thanks dw and all the scta volunteer workers for providing the race event support that allowed us to be successful  :cheers:
BC Racing 1979 Z-28
AA/CBGC Record 251.802 Speed Week 2012
AA/CBGALT Record 255.382 Speed Week 2013
AA/CBGC Record 226.104 El Mirage Sept 2015
AA/CBFALT Record 227.954 El Mirage June 2016
AA/CBGC Record 267.878 Speed Week 2018
AA/CBGALT Record 236.458 El Mirage Nov 2016
It's a lot of work to have fun...

Offline dw230

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2015, 02:30:39 PM »
You are being a little modest here Roger.

Tim Cox set the AA/CBGC record on Sat. at 212, besting the 210 class minimum and joining the El Mirage 200 MPH Club.

Roger Beckman then drove on Sunday, same class, and upped the new record to 220 MPH. This gave Roger his second 2 club hat. One is red the new one is Merlot.

Good job guys,
DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2015, 02:36:25 PM »
Had a great weekend with the roadster.  A little short of my goals due to poor shifting  (driver error) and being stuck in neutral for several seconds  and also being short on boost my new intercoolers are too restrictive apparently.  But we bumped our record 26 mph.   236 on a 210.  Left with an unhurt car and a short punch list for bville.  Great weekend.

Thanks to everyone who makes these events happen!

Offline bubruins

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2015, 03:00:48 PM »
No Le Mans coverage for me. I lost interest after I found out that the Nissan LMP1 cars were 20 seconds off the pace. I did catch a High Desert baseball game in Adelanto, though.

The good news was that the El Mirage meet was fun to watch. I don't know that I'll make the trip from the east coast again, but it was very cool to experience it once. I took tons of pictures. Once I have a chance to go through them I might see if Bangshift wants to post them. There were lots of cool vehicles out there and I learned a few new tricks for when I eventually build something. I particularly liked hearing the 911 roadster thunder off down the course. I made sure to be at the starting line for those runs. Good for the soul, probably not so good for the ear drums, sinuses, eyes, etc...