Author Topic: June El Mirage Two Day Meet  (Read 17201 times)

Offline jww36

June El Mirage Two Day Meet
« on: May 23, 2015, 10:18:21 AM »
I justed looked at the SCTA website and for the June event it says Tech June 12th, Racing 13th and 14th. Is this becoming a two day event official?

Offline FADED

Re: June El Mirage Two Day Meet
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 10:58:14 AM »
It was also posted on the SCTA facebook page, It said its a verbal agreement from the BLM but I think they are going to wait till after the SCTA meeting next week to make it official.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 05:38:49 PM »
Say it ain't so.....
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline bubruins

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 03:44:18 PM »
Haha. Of course I would book airfare and rental car for both days before reading this. I hope it's two days. If anyone needs crew help let me know. I'm from TN and have helped crew at the Ohio Mile several times.

It shows that you can get on the lakebed for 24 hours for $15. Does that mean you can camp? Specifically, can you camp inside a Nissan Versa rental car?

Offline Skip Pipes

• I hate being bipolar, its awesome!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 08:32:10 PM »
There's lots of camping on the lakebed and you won't be the first to sleep in their car. Bring lots of water & sunscreen. Should be a good selection of cars running. Stop by Roadster #374 and say hello.

Skip Pipes
Skip's Garage
Builder of the SUNBEAM ALPINE Police Interceptor

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 09:46:42 PM »
My crew chief Vinny will be staying in the 916 race trailer with the Vintage Hot Rod stable. Don't offer him any beer, he has enough  :evil:
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline FADED

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 02:40:36 PM »
Haha. Of course I would book airfare and rental car for both days before reading this. I hope it's two days. If anyone needs crew help let me know. I'm from TN and have helped crew at the Ohio Mile several times.

It shows that you can get on the lakebed for 24 hours for $15. Does that mean you can camp? Specifically, can you camp inside a Nissan Versa rental car?

Its $30 for the whole weekend. bring food and drink, There is a lunch truck there on sat and sun but you dont want to depend on it, trust me :-o There might be enough room for a Nissan to park.

Offline jww36

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 10:56:20 AM »
Don't kill the messenger please, but it looks like the CA deserts could see some moisture from the remnants of hurricane Blanca this week. Current weather outlook calling for 60% chance of thunderstorms at El Mirage Tuesday evening.

Say a prayer to the weather Gods that it ain't so.

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 11:15:45 AM »
I just looked at the National Weather Service site and they're saying 20%. That's an 80% chance it won't.  :wink: I'm packing right now and will have the Car on the trailer later today. I'm leaving Wednesday morning.  :cheers: Wayno

Offline jww36

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 11:35:06 AM »
Have a safe trip Wayno.
John

Offline bubruins

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 08:59:14 AM »
When racing ends is there a good sports bar near El Mirage? I'd really like to watch some of the 24 hours of LeMans this year.

Also, is the gate to El Mirage shut after a certain time? Example: If I went to watch LeMans and then went back to El Mirage to camp, would that be OK?

I'm getting pretty excited about my first trip to El Mirage! If anyone knows that they are shy a crew member let me know. I have helped prep a car and driver at several Ohio mile events and drag strip test n tunes. Otherwise I'll just be taking in the sights.

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 11:28:16 AM »
This guy and his jokes.  A good sports bar near El Mirage?  LOL.  And no, the gate doesn't get closed.  BTW you won't want to leave the lake bed and then try to come back on in the dark.  You'll never find your way back to your camp.  Plus, when racing ends, the socializing and libations begin.  Why would you want to go watch foofoo LeMans racing in a sports bar when you're already immersed in the coolest form of racing on Earth? 

El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline dw230

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 12:01:15 PM »
A little known secret is that if the Mariana's bring their two level hauler racing can be watched on the big screen inside the box.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 02:06:00 PM »
And get it dirty Dan?  You should know better.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 05:18:30 PM »
Packed and ready to leave in the AM,looking forward to seeing everyone and some records set :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah