Author Topic: Bringing back borrowed stuff  (Read 11920 times)

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
Re: Bringing back borrowed stuff
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 05:51:31 AM »
I loan tools to my kids all the time.  I take a photo on my cell phone of the tool and caption with the name of who has it ...

Joe

Yep
What Joe said
I got back or got paid for everything I lent out at DLRA speedweek 2015
I even got back the UHF CB radio and fire extinguisher I loaned out last year
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline bak189

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2015, 10:17:08 AM »
Back in the 1990's I loaned some Amal carburetor jets to a bloke from Scotland at the Bonneville meet.....did not get them back....on my next trip to the UK. and Europe, I went to his house in Scotland and made him a offer he could not refuse.....got them back.....got his address from his Bonneville entry.....no more loaned anything.................Sorry
Question authority.....always

Offline desperate

• www.britchopper.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2015, 08:57:46 AM »
At the 2012 meeting I broke my foot peg & needed to drill out the bracket, & a kind fellow racer lent me his drill & bits, it saved the day & of course, I took it straight back. A few other members of our team (the UK bike boys) ended up borrowing stuff too, and "Grateful" doesn't describe how we felt. We also lent stuff out. A French team urgently needed some metric bolts & in my spares kit, I had loads. You'd have thought I'd given him solid gold ones, he was like a dog with two tails.
Like Slim said, borrow & give. The other day I fixed a broken gear change on a Buell that had ground to a halt just outside my workshop. He started to reach into his pocket to pay me. I told him not to be daft, but if he sees a bike on the side of the road, to ask if he can help.
Don't push me, I'm close to the edge.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2015, 09:35:21 AM »
That's a biker.

Sir, you embrace the culture and don't exploit it :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2015, 11:04:07 AM »
During practice at Riverside for a Can-Am race the next day, our engine broke a timing chain and damaged the valve train. We pulled the engine, loaded it up in Dave Eggleston's van and drove to George Bolthoff's shop where we helped George go through the engine, inspecting and replacing parts. By the time we finished, we were short two rocker arms and all the speed shops had been closed for hours. Nevertheless, we loaded the engine into the van for a very fast trip back to the track and got the engine back into Bob Peckham's McLaren M8C.

The Shadow team very kindly loaned us two of their spare rocker arms so we could complete the build. Thanks to them for getting us back on the grid.

The result? We finished and the Shadow DNF. Loaning parts as well as tools is a selfless action.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ