Author Topic: How many runs did you get?  (Read 4279 times)

Offline edinlr

How many runs did you get?
« on: May 07, 2015, 11:10:19 PM »
I am curious of how many runs people were able to get last weekend.  I would like to take two bikes in June, but am curious of how many runs I might be able to get in.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

gkabbt

Re: How many runs did you get?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 05:42:45 AM »
From what I heard there were about 135 entries at the May meet.
By 6:00 PM Saturday, many of the folks got in all the runs they wanted or broke and left.
When I got to the track Sunday AM, my guess is that we were down to about 60 - 75 entries.
As the day progressed, folks started leaving and by 1:30 PM the remaining probably 15 - 20 entries were doing hot laps.
The meet was called at 3:30 PM.

I just looked at my post from last years June meet and saw there were only 80ish entries.
As above, by 6:00 PM Saturday, many folks got in the runs they wanted or broke and left.
On Sunday, entries had dwindled down to the point that many were hot lapping and the meet was called at noon.

Previous years have shown that the June and July meets have the smallest attendance.....both competitor and spectator. 
If you bring two bikes in June, I promise you will get in ALL the runs you want and probably get tired of running!  :-D

Hope this helps,
Gregg

Offline RansomT

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 06:24:03 AM »
My issue is not the number of runs, but the wind.  I stopped on Sunday after 2 runs because the wind picked up to above 10 mph as a crosswind.  However, other bikes were basically hot lapping by 1 pm.

As of right now, I am planning on 2 bikes for June. I know if I am patient, I can get a ton of runs in with my "slower" bike.

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 02:27:49 PM »
I got 3 passes on Saturday and 4 on Sunday (leaving at 1pm).  Of course my passes took about 5 minutes each ;)
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931

Offline toledoupsguy

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 01:45:50 AM »
I got my 3 licensing passes in Saturday and did 4 runs Sunday.  could have gotten many more in Sunday but between the cross wind that scared the crap out of me on run 3 and shifting problems I decided to call it a day.
The man on the top of the mountain didn't fall there.
2014 zx14r in nuclear sunset black and orange.

Offline edinlr

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 10:45:28 PM »
Thanks for all of the information guys.  I did my licensing runs on Saturday with a nice tailwind and then Sunday - you guessed it a big headwind.  Got in five passes on Saturday and only ran twice on Sunday.  Thanks to everyone at the meet.  ECTA is a class act and Keith really wants everyone to have fun and be safe.  Thanks to all of the highly paid volunteers, I appreciate you folks spending your own free time so that we can get out there and have fun.  I also want to thank all of the racers.  Everyone was just great and made for a wonderful experience.  My wife has already okayed coming back in September.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 09:55:05 PM »
I've started a new game it's called being inclusive without compromising safety.   What this means is that each of us that volunteer or organize the event want to do everything we can to help you with your efforts.

It's not like you can come with a race car starter kit... but if that's what it takes... we'll be there moving our hands a lot!
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline JimL

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 02:03:52 AM »
Ed, congratulations on your record at Ohio. 

177+ mph is a pretty good speed for your first ever record!

JimL