Author Topic: Solvang Motorcycle Museum  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Stan Back

Solvang Motorcycle Museum
« on: May 07, 2015, 09:38:37 PM »
We went to our first Gas-Up in Buellton a couple of weeks ago.  We stayed in Solvang -- a "Danish" village in central California.  And to our delight (my wife even enjoyed it), there's a great motorcycle museum there.  A multi-million-dollar collection mostly owned by one guy.

Here's a shot to their website -- make sure you see the Jay Leno interview.

http://www.motosolvang.com/
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:40:30 PM by Stan Back »
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stan Back

Re: Solvang Motorcycle Museum
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 01:56:16 PM »
That Megola in the video looks like it would be a bear to turn with all those cylinders whirling around and attached to the front wheel giving it a gyroscopic effect.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 02:36:45 PM »
That video is priceless!

Pete

Offline bak189

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 09:45:11 AM »
A while back I was able to help Virgil and the museum out regarding his 250c.c. NSU Sportmax solo racer.....
yes, I did race solo bikes at one time before racing sidecars....and I had a Sportmax...... and at this time not many are alive anymore that know those engines.............great video......look for some of our stuff on Jay's show in the fall on NBC...
Question authority.....always