Author Topic: Thinking about attending the PRI Show at Indy in December?  (Read 3217 times)

velocity

OK, so it is a bit early, but I was wondering if anyone is thinking about attending the show this year. Some plans are afoot to showcase the sport and I'd like get a tentative list started so land speed racers will be included/invited.

You can reply here, or PM me

thanks!

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
Re: Thinking about attending the PRI Show at Indy in December?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 05:55:05 PM »
FB, I'll see your 90% and raise you 10%! Last year working in an LSR display! This year will be there for sure! LSR????  :?
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 09:32:45 PM »
Well, it beats spending December 10,11 and 12 at the mall shopping for Christmas gifts.

And besides, it's usually a few degrees warmer in Indy than Beerhaven.

Let's see what kind of problems we discover in the next few months, and I'll put together a wish-list . . .

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 04:33:24 PM »
We've been to Indianapolis a bunch of times -- including once driving home in a blizzard.  That was in February, I think.  Whatever the weather forecast -- I'm willing to go out on a limb and forecast that Nancy and I -- or, dang it, at least me -- would go to the show.  I know that I get free passes (I subscribe to PRI's magazine) so that won't be an issue.

Sure count me in -- maybe us.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

velocity

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 11:05:04 PM »
Jon

If you are serious about attending, then please register for media credentials citing the website as your affiliation. This will give you access to the media room which VERY busy during the show and wil also get you access to the various seminars and press conferences which can be very useful in reporting developments to LSR folks

LSL

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 07:11:25 AM »
Louise:

That's how I got to subscribe to the magazine -- by applying for and being granted credentials via the website.  I will be sure they're still granted -- but I do return the filled-out form each year when the subscription is ending, so I assume that I've got said permissions already in place.  But yes -- I will be sure to confirm and to have them either in hand or waiting at the door when I/we arrive.  Thanks for the elbow-joggle.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

velocity

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 01:13:16 AM »
While you renew your subscription each year, that has nothing to do with granting media credentials for the show. BE SURE to register for the show well in advance so they can mail the media creds to you and save standing in line to fetch them in Indy. It also helps to find out if there are any issues up front, most easy to resolve -- if you give them the time to do so. A very professional bunch of folks at PRI but also very motorsports oriented.