Author Topic: World of Speed 2015  (Read 67209 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: World of Speed 2015
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2015, 09:32:23 PM »
Burt, since we're an engraving company -- I can make you a fine record cert with whatever speed and other information you wish.  I can't have Dan or anyone sign it, but you could probably get one of the neighborhood grandchildren to do that.

I guess I'd maybe put something across the cert saying "copy" or draft proposal or something, but still -- you can hang it on the wall and tell folks that the "real" one is in the mail.  Sound like an idea?

I dunno what I'd charge, though -- maybe $6k-10k depending on what size document you want it to look like, and also dependent on how much over the existing record you want to be (i.e. .001MPH over will be no additional charge, +.002 - 5.99 mph = $250/mile or fraction thereof, and 6 - 100 will be unh, mmm, ahh, how 'bout $900/mile over the existing.

Sound fair?  All you'll need to do is get me all of the required information to go on it and maybe a real certificate.  That'd help a lot.  If you don't have one I'll get one of the kids in my neighborhood to draw one up with his sidewalk chalk sticks.

Let me know.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2015, 09:52:09 AM »

Careful SSS, at those prices you may end up with folks trying to cut into the business. :-D

Wouldn't take long to pay for a laser if you had a couple orders like that per week, you know. :cheers:

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2015, 10:29:54 AM »
Johnnie, I figure that if I'm going to take the chance that the "real" certificate-granting folks get cranky with me for offering to subvert their territory -- I might as well ask for BIG BUCKS that'd compensate me for the punishment I'd get.  Unnerstand?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2015, 12:42:58 PM »
I mentioned a couple of days ago that I would post some more information regarding what we did when on the flats last Saturday and how we came to the conclusion to cancel WOS.
On a personal note, I have a good excuse why I have not put up the additional information. I had outpatient surgery yesterday to remove some melanoma on my right forearm. I was referred to the Huntsman Cancer Hospital by my dermatologist when she found a spot that looked suspicious. They removed a sample of skin just larger in area than a silver dollar. Thankfully the lab results showed that they were able to remove all of the cancer cells and I now have a clean bill of health.
I mention this episode not to ask for anything, but to encourage all of you that spend time on the salt to go see a dermatologist and get your annual skin cancer screening. Dark spots that don't look like anything to be concerned about, can be just the opposite. Please go get checked, catching it early makes all the difference.
I will put up the additional info tonight.

Offline makr

• I make my own rules
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2015, 01:20:03 PM »
Glad you are okay Monte!
Ride fast, safety last.

https://speedofcheeseracing.com/

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2015, 01:30:51 PM »
I mention this episode not to ask for anything, but to encourage all of you that spend time on the salt to go see a dermatologist and get your annual skin cancer screening....

I just had a dime size spot removed from just inside the ear last week also, so I second "see a dermatologist and get your annual skin cancer screening" and I'll now be wearing a hat that covers my ears on the salt along with on the boat  :-),

Sum

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2015, 01:35:30 PM »
I  go twice a year and have had several surgeries to remove tumors.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2015, 05:06:25 PM »
Monte'

It's always scary to hear the "C" word, especially when it's you the Dr. is talking to. Glad to hear you got all of it this time around.

I go to the dermatologist once a year myself, and for the past couple there was a clean bill of heath. One thing I learned early on thou, was not to go to the dermatologist just before a trade show, they don't care what you look like leaving their office. So, if it's time for a visit I set appointments up for the week after a trade show, if you know what I mean.

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline deucemac

« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2015, 12:58:32 AM »
Monte' glad to hear the surgery worked well,  Since you are once again able bodied, please go harass :-D your cousin Dale for me!!

Offline BurtonBrown

• Victory Motorsports
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2015, 01:34:23 AM »
So Gentlemen and Ladies,

Monte glad to hear you have a clean bill of health. Yeah I turn red like a lobster in the sun so I have to be careful too. Thanks for the warning as well. SPF 50 and a hat and arms covered....

There are a couple events coming soon about the Salt. Sept. 9 and 14. I will personally be out on the 14th as I would like to hear in person what the BLM and others have to say about any efforts to restore some area. I would encourage any racer that can attend either event to do so to do what we can to try and save something that is quite important to all of us.

Is there another thread here that has updates about these meetings?
"Live every day like its your last....some day it will be"

Offline BasementBorn

« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2015, 01:37:06 PM »
Burton, I am thinking about going to the one on the 9th but haven't heard anything about the 14th (maybe I just missed it) do you have any more info?
Gabe Gorton
Gorton Racing 1060 650APS-BG
Team Banana 1361 F/CPRO

Offline Wester

« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2015, 04:28:02 PM »
As of the USFRA meeting last Wednesday, 9/2/15, Dennis asked for all Salt Flats race cars and bikes to be at Totems by 2:00 on the 9th to set up examples of salt flats racing vehicles to show all attendees what runs out there.  The official start time of the meeting is 4:00.  Make every effort to come to the meeting, bring friends, family, we want the greatest outpouring of support that we can show.  The presentation is about an hour.