Author Topic: Thank you ECTA  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Don Martin

• Studebaker build
Thank you ECTA
« on: May 05, 2015, 10:34:58 AM »
A big shout out to all ECTA crew/volunteers. Thank you from Don Martin and Scaaty Racing Team. A new car and a rookie driver. We did what we set out to do. 3 runs. Went to 183.65 on the last run. I thought I was in trouble when Keith pulled up at the timing trailer. All was good. He told me to get a different chute and rear tire. I had to agree. She was hard to stop without the chute working. Hurt the motor when I shutdown so we will check that. Had a blast. It's all fun.
Scaaty
53 Studebaker
A/BGCC
It's all fun  ECTA 2 Club Member  SAVE THE SALT

Offline Gary Perkinson

Re: Thank you ECTA
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 11:04:34 AM »
A big shout out to all ECTA crew/volunteers. Thank you from Don Martin and Scaaty Racing Team. A new car and a rookie driver. We did what we set out to do. 3 runs. Went to 183.65 on the last run. I thought I was in trouble when Keith pulled up at the timing trailer. All was good. He told me to get a different chute and rear tire. I had to agree. She was hard to stop without the chute working. Hurt the motor when I shutdown so we will check that. Had a blast. It's all fun.

The car looks great, Don...congrats on your runs!

Gary
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

Offline geezer1

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 09:43:24 PM »
Geezer Racing has had a great run. I have changed our signature as follows:
Geezer Racing - (Turner/Herr/McLellan/Acton/Pranger/Acton/Acton /McDonald/Hascall/Patul)
Trever is in at over 210!!!!!(17 yrs. old) Kyle is in at over 212!!!!! (16 yrs. old)
2 Great Wins in the Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge in Super Street 2014-2015
5 Different Geezer Drivers set records at Maxton, Loring, and Ohio
We also had the honor to field Wilmington's fastest Innkeeper in the Geezer Express (over 154)!
Special thanks to the ECTA Crew and our great LSR Friends!

We will be seeing you again as spectators and friends - thanks for everything!!!
Geo Turner- for the Geezers      Press On Regardless!!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 09:45:55 PM by geezer1 »
Geezer Racing - (Turner/Herr/Mclellan/Acton/Pranger/Acton/Acton /McDonald/Hascall/Patul)
Trever is in at over 210!!!!!(17 yrs. old) Kyle is in at over 212!!!!! (16 yrs' old)
2 Wins in the Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge in Super Street 2014-2015
5 Different Geezer Drivers set records at Maxton, Loring, and Ohio
We also had the honor to have the fastest Innkeeper in Wilmington Ohio in the Geezer Express
Thank you ECTA and our great LSR Friends! Press On Regardless!!

gkabbt

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 06:39:35 AM »
Gotta agree with everyone about the ECTA volunteers.....THE BEST!!!!

Don and Gary.....REALLY good to see the cars on the track and talking with you guys!

George, I heard Saturday night that this was the last meet for the Geezers and was surprised/shocked at the news.
Having seen/talked with you guys through the years, all your team have shown what LSR is all about.....Friendship!
Good luck with your future racing endeavors and we all look forward to seeing you folks back in Wilmington as spectators!

Gregg Adams