Author Topic: 2015 Season Teaser Time Lapse  (Read 19278 times)

Offline Low profile racing

Re: 2015 Season Teaser Time Lapse
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 06:36:14 PM »
It's the leg to the canopy it was over 90 by 9am.
A-PG 500
The Dark Horse

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 06:37:32 PM »

It's a solid front end so no bump steer.
A-PG 500
The Dark Horse

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 06:38:33 PM »
https://youtu.be/LBZcI66jbKc

Someone asked to hear it, so there you go.
A-PG 500
The Dark Horse

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 06:50:26 PM »
Thanks for the l/h pic , we (two bob engineering)are slowly building a sidecar using single sided swing arms front and rear, your setup pic will help us
I hope you do well  :-)
Tiny
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015, 08:37:17 PM »
Thanks if you have any more questions feel free to ask it was actually very cheap and easy to do once you figure out what parts you need.
A-PG 500
The Dark Horse

Offline MattGuzzetta

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2015, 09:13:02 PM »
Love the layout!  We did a special zero bump steer setup on Don Vesco's liner. The original set up had zero bump when straight running, but when you steered at all the bump steer arrives with 270+ speed wobbles.  Don did a version on the Vincent liner and it is a simple method.  If anyone wants information, just ask and I can supply you with the information and some drawings of various setups.  The system allows zero bump steer in all positions of the suspension, both straight ahead and while turned. :-D 
So, is the picture at El Mirage?  I must take a trip next event if you are bringing that beast?

Matt Guzzetta

Offline BasementBorn

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2015, 10:01:42 PM »
No hijack intended but I would be interested Matt. I'm working through the design of a liner and trying to come up with front end ideas.
Gabe Gorton
Gorton Racing 1060 650APS-BG
Team Banana 1361 F/CPRO

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2015, 11:10:54 PM »
Love the layout!  We did a special zero bump steer setup on Don Vesco's liner. The original set up had zero bump when straight running, but when you steered at all the bump steer arrives with 270+ speed wobbles.  Don did a version on the Vincent liner and it is a simple method.  If anyone wants information, just ask and I can supply you with the information and some drawings of various setups.  The system allows zero bump steer in all positions of the suspension, both straight ahead and while turned. :-D 
So, is the picture at El Mirage?  I must take a trip next event if you are bringing that beast?

Matt Guzzetta
What a great offer Matt (Pm sent)
Tiny
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE

Offline sofadriver

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 11:48:02 PM »
How are you cooling this?  Water tank?  Where's it at and what's the capacity?  Any problems with cooling it?
Mike in Tacoma

"aww, what the hell - let's just do it".............

Bike #833
100cc A/G, A/F and APS/G (in 2019)

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2015, 11:55:32 PM »
I see a radiator on the left side, so that must be the cooling.
Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 01:06:32 AM »
El Mirage has water in it at the moment, the picture was taken at another dry Lake we found to test at. I will be running El Mirage a season and hopefully going to Bonneville as well. If you head to El Mirage let me know and I will tell you where we are camped.

The cooling is the radiator on the left side. It has an 8 inch electric fan behind it and I am running an electric water pump since the stock water pump was removed because 1 it ran off the cave of the cam and sapped power (albeit not much) and 2 the seals on the cam that separate hot coolant from hot oil are notorious for leaking both ways so they have been removed, blocked off and each system is permanently separate.
A-PG 500
The Dark Horse

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 01:09:50 AM »
I can't tell- is it a CX500 engine? If so- I got the impression (exploded view I saw somewhere) that the cam followers (lifters if you will) are pivoted rather than sliding- is that true? Do they work okay in a modified example of the engine? [I say they "stole" the scheme from the old Victoria Bergmeister V-twin]
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline debgeo

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2015, 01:17:49 AM »
Love the layout!  We did a special zero bump steer setup on Don Vesco's liner. The original set up had zero bump when straight running, but when you steered at all the bump steer arrives with 270+ speed wobbles.  Don did a version on the Vincent liner and it is a simple method.  If anyone wants information, just ask and I can supply you with the information and some drawings of various setups.  The system allows zero bump steer in all positions of the suspension, both straight ahead and while turned. grin 

email sent
George---Sidecar in progress

Offline sofadriver

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2015, 08:11:09 AM »

The cooling is the radiator on the left side. It has an 8 inch electric fan behind it and I am running an electric water pump since the stock water pump was removed because 1 it ran off the cave of the cam and sapped power (albeit not much) and 2 the seals on the cam that separate hot coolant from hot oil are notorious for leaking both ways so they have been removed, blocked off and each system is permanently separate.

Since it's so thin I thought it must be an oil cooler.  It's cooling the motor with no problems?  I ask because I'm still not sold on the idea of using a water tank to cool my bike.  I'd much prefer to use a radiator.
Mike in Tacoma

"aww, what the hell - let's just do it".............

Bike #833
100cc A/G, A/F and APS/G (in 2019)

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2015, 03:13:06 PM »
So far no issues, it is a stock engine however.
A-PG 500
The Dark Horse