Author Topic: MOTUS review in May 2015 Rider Magazine - Cathcart rides and reports.  (Read 3470 times)

velocity

From my pals at Motus Motorcycles who earned a pair of land speed records with their street bike, riding the darn things to and from their Birmingham, Alabama shop:

"It's always fun riding with "Sir" Alan Cathcart, and this time was no exception. Alan is a proper gentleman- until he dons his signature Union Jack helmet and Kushitani gear- then things get....spirited."

Read the full article at:

http://motusmotorcycles.com/blog/

Until you have heard this bike, you'll really never have an appreciation for what Lee Conn and Brian Case are putting into the American marketplace. Even if you don't ride motorcycles, this is a fabulous American manufacturer story where things are being done right, not fast. If Harley thinks they are losing market share because of competing factory discounts, I am betting they are in for a much bigger surprise when the Motus MST and MSTR roll out this year.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 10:14:12 AM by velocity »

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: MOTUS review in May 2015 Rider Magazine - Cathcart rides and reports.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 01:02:57 AM »
Many of the most popular bikes today are technically obsolete.  Harley and other manufacturers make a range of bikes with some of them more modern than others.  Folks tend to like the simple old style bikes they can work on and make better.  This is really evident when you go to bike shows or biker gatherings.

Put the keys for a Vincent twin or a Motus on a table in front of me?  I would grab the Vincent ones with no doubt or hesitation.  As Bob Dylan sang "the debutant knows what you need, I know what you want."   

velocity

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 02:15:45 PM »
Yeah, I get what you are saying and agree on a nostalgia level. However, when hubby and I embark on a several hundred mile road trip, I want reliability and obedience from the machine. That meant dumping some of the toys that ate into our play time replacing it with repair time. Maintenance we observe and honor, repair is always unwelcome.

The point of my post was to celebrate and champion the rise of two American guys with a dream and a plan that took root and will soon be shared with riding public. The operative word here is AMERICAN.

Tiny tidbit, the assembly plant is the former Barber Motorcycle Museum site where you could get a a free ice-cream out of the many freezer cases strewn throughout the facility. Even if you don't much care for bikes, the new Museum is a stunner and the track - well, just thinking about laps there getting my heart pumping. 

Offline Vinsky

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 03:11:51 PM »
Sadly while one may rise to greatness, another one has fallen. Hopefully not for long. Buell has closed it's doors.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/04/15/erik-buell-racing-files-for-bankruptcy-protection-and-ceases-operations/
John