Author Topic: FS: custom lsr motorcycle  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Mandi Engineering

• New folks
FS: custom lsr motorcycle
« on: April 08, 2015, 11:53:06 AM »
Time has come to sell my motorcycle chassis. The chassis is 1.25"x.120" 4130 chromoly. All joints were back purged and coped to fit very snugly. It was based upon the 2005 kawasaki 636 engine and components. The headstock fits the complete front fork assembly. The rear axle plates for the kawasaki axle, wheel, and brakes. The chain guard was fanned from 0.100" steel that was bent and welded into shape. The big splash guard is to protect the aluminum fuel tank that sits between the engine and rear tire. The fuel tank is 60% complete. Needs a filler neck, cutout hole for the fuel pump bracket, and weld all 6 sides. Rear pegs where machined out of aluminum with Knurling for grip. Comes with a brand new chain with zero time on it and rear 36T sprocket (for kawasaki rear wheel). It was paired with a 16T primary sprocket. Extra 4130 tubing will come with the chassis along with everything for the fuel tank including brand new pump.

Keep in mind everything is custom and was tailored for a particular engine and chassis class to set a record. Due to time restrictions and new career path I not longer have the required time and tooling to finish.

What's not included: the engine, front fork assembly, rear wheel.

What's left to do?:
-seat assembly
-steering stops
-stabalizer
-wiring harness
-rear brake lever
-shifter linkage
-rear fender
-intake (a mock up in cardboard for a turbo intake comes with)
-exhaust routing
-test

Asking $1000. Best for local pickup but if serious I can inquire about shipping cost.
Photos of the build on request.
Ciao, Jonathan

Offline Peter Jack

Re: FS: custom lsr motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 12:21:14 PM »
I know a couple of guys who live part time in your area who might be interested but without any idea of the class you were building for or a couple of pictures of what we're looking at it's pretty hard to recommend they go look at it. Please give a little more information and a couple of pictures on this thread and I'll contact them.

You have to interest me too because I'd likely get to do much of the remaining fabrication and assembly.  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline bones

Re: FS: custom lsr motorcycle
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 08:11:13 AM »
Hey Jonathan
  Do you still have the chassis?
A mate and I are going to build a chassis for a 636 Kawasaki.
If your chassis is suitable it will save a lot of time.

Could you post some photos or send them to     bonesracing25@yahoo.com.au

cheers    Bones