Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267307 times)

Offline Urban Plowboy

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #4065 on: March 20, 2024, 11:37:05 AM »
Hello, all!

Been lurking awhile and decided it's time to stop kicking tires and sign up to start asking questions.

Always been interested in LSR but life has kept me out so far. My background is I'm married, have two sons (one is in the aviation industry, the other a student at my first Alma Mater, Ferris State) and work for Ford in battery development. I also am a student at Embry-Riddle working on a BS in Technology Management (Dean's list to boot!) and work part time at Greenfield Village in Dearborn, MI as an Antique Vehicle Mechanic keeping the Model T/Model AA fleet there running.

My oldest and I are members of the Barnstormers Vintage Speed Club, and some of you may have seen my son's drag rail run at The Race of Gentlemen in 2019. We still have it, and he has now also picked up another Model A chassis to make a speedster out of. That'll be this summer's project.

As I'm not getting any younger, I'm starting to toy with the idea of finally building a belly tank/streamliner. I found Mike Brown's excellent build diary and was beyond impressed. I figured I'd join up and start learning what I can before I start burning steel, so here I am.

Thank you to everyone that contributes to this forum, the knowledge here is such a valuable asset.

See you all around!

v/r,
jason kuczynski
Wayne, MI, USA

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #4066 on: March 20, 2024, 01:05:12 PM »
Jason, welcome to the group... as you have seen many times before "get a rulebook".
When you figure out what you want to do start a build diary so we can help you too much...  :laugh:
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #4067 on: March 21, 2024, 12:37:48 PM »
Plowboy, after you get a SCTA rule book look at the class records and decide how fast you want to run. Your car must meet the rules for the class not just the speed you plan on running. Remember your safety equipment is to protect you and unfortunately some of the rules are written in the blood of others that came before you. Bonneville racers are very friendly and most will share information about their cars. You might want to attend a race at Bonneville before you start to build your car and get some ideas on what you want to build. We are looking forward to seeing you on the salt.

John
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Urban Plowboy

• New folks
« Reply #4068 on: March 22, 2024, 04:00:10 PM »
Thank you, gents!

Looking forward to this journey. If anything, the learning aspect alone will be worth it. :)

Offline Augos

• New folks
« Reply #4069 on: March 23, 2024, 05:55:37 PM »
Ello.  I like land speed record vehicles.  🤷‍♂️