Author Topic: /BGRMR Class  (Read 13326 times)

Offline gasblender37

/BGRMR Class
« on: March 10, 2015, 02:30:15 PM »
In looking at the 2014 records for the /BGRMR class, I see the records are what look to be low. Also I see that the A and E engine classes have no records. Can anyone explain?
Thanks,
Skip
Skip

"Sometimes you get what you want and it is not what you expect."
"I reckon if this stuff was easy, everyone would be settin' records"

Offline RichFox

Re: /BGRMR Class
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 02:45:20 PM »
The records are what they are These are relatively new and unnecessary classes so the records may not live up tp the pontial as yet. In the A and E classes no record had been set, so no record could be printed in the rule biik.

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 05:19:32 PM »
Man, a newbies FAQ somewhere would be great.
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 05:27:55 PM »
I hold the B record on Gas at both Elmo and Bville.  The records don't always tell the whole story,  they won't be soft for long.  There are several cars working on these.  On my 212 Bville record I actually ran 276 at the 4 on my return run.  A failed lifter kept me from bumping it up.  The 212 was set at the 2 on a licensing run.  Checked into impound "just because" and glad I did or else I wouldn't have anything in the book.  Even "soft" records can be a challenge.  I'll run on it again and hopefully get it up to what  I would consider respectable. 

I set the fuel record at elmo on my gas tune at 240.  Then last year I ran the gas record only intending to bump it a little so its only 210.  This year we will bump it some more.....

Offline saltracer1

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 06:26:46 PM »
simple enough, you build a car to go faster or in the case of the open records simply show up with a car that will complete two runs to set a new record.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 06:32:40 PM »
There are no minimums at Bonneville.

(Nathan -- what's a FAQ?  Is it like a C/AIR?)

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline dw230

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 02:16:45 PM »
If you look in your rule book, records section, there is a statement to the effect ... Classes with no listed record is considered as open.

This leads us to section 1.F Qualifying. At the end of the section there is a NOTE which tells us how an open record is handled.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline gasblender37

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 07:52:19 PM »
I hold the B record on Gas at both Elmo and Bville.  The records don't always tell the whole story,  they won't be soft for long.  There are several cars working on these.  On my 212 Bville record I actually ran 276 at the 4 on my return run.  A failed lifter kept me from bumping it up.  The 212 was set at the 2 on a licensing run.  Checked into impound "just because" and glad I did or else I wouldn't have anything in the book.  Even "soft" records can be a challenge.  I'll run on it again and hopefully get it up to what  I would consider respectable. 

I set the fuel record at elmo on my gas tune at 240.  Then last year I ran the gas record only intending to bump it a little so its only 210.  This year we will bump it some more.....
Eddieschopshop,
Congrats on the records.
If you read the second quote in my signature, I think it sums up all land speed racing...
I would be interested in a pic or two of your driveline setup if you are willing to reveal. OK if you do not.
Congrats again,
Skip
Skip

Offline gasblender37

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 07:53:59 PM »
If you look in your rule book, records section, there is a statement to the effect ... Classes with no listed record is considered as open.

This leads us to section 1.F Qualifying. At the end of the section there is a NOTE which tells us how an open record is handled.

DW
Got one comin'
Thanks,
Skip
Skip

Offline JamesJ

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 10:06:56 AM »
Keep in mind that breaking one of these "soft records" above 200 does not guarantee you qualify for the 200 mph club, they have their own minimums.   

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 10:55:01 AM »
DRATs  the dreaded HAT "MINIMUMS"  :cry:

They have been know to keep folks around long enough that SALT FEVER "bucket list item" became a sick addiction 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:57:28 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 11:36:47 AM »
Sparky,  :cheers:  :-D  :cheers:  :-D

Something tells me you are speaking from experience...  :evil:
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 12:33:17 PM »
And now it's time for me to tell once again the sad story of Nancy's first record attempts.  Please be informed that the chances of this happening again -- especially now (it was in '03 that it happened to us) are pretty slim, but still. . .

We showed up with a bike set to run in a class where there was no record shown in the book.  Cool -- open records are pretty easy to claim, and sure enough, she qualified and backed it up.  got to impound -- and found that the "open" record wasn't really open after all.  On the master list of records, kept in the trailer by the officials, there was very clearly a record speed and record holder.  somehow that information didn't get transferred to the record book/rule book.

Moral of the story:  Don't be afraid to ask for a clarification that the record you think might be available for you - by being open 'cause it isn't listed - don't be afraid to get confirmation.  It can save some major boo-hoos. :-)
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 03:25:39 PM »
There are no minimums at Bonneville.

(Nathan -- what's a FAQ?  Is it like a C/AIR?)

Stan

Mr Back, a FAQ is typically a list of answers to Frequently Asked Questions like I don't see a record for such and such a class... can someone explain this?
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 10:27:24 PM »
If you go to Eddie's chop shop on Facebook there are plenty of pictures of my build. Don't have any ready to post here.   Yes the minimums. I went 276 for a 212 record with a 260 minimum so no red hat. With a 260 minimum I  just going to try for blue instead ha.