Author Topic: First time chassis builders: What welder did you use?  (Read 13889 times)

Offline pipehack

• New folks
Re: First time chassis builders: What welder did you use?
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2015, 09:54:16 PM »
I've decided against the MIG. It will be either a MIG/TIG combo machine or a TIG/stick. The TIG costs more. A lot more. I'll just save up longer. I don't like making big (elective) purchases on credit. I have my income tax refund, plus I'll be making a big scrap metal run sometime soon. I'm a plumber and I keep all the copper and brass that I remove, along with pretty much any other metal. I kinda go overboard with it. I have buckets of "junk" metal, buckets of electrical cord, plus about 130 garbage disposals. (copper wire in the motor). It's enough to fill up a buddy's 16' trailer. That should get me pretty close to the TIG package deal. It includes a water-cooled torch plus the cooling unit.

I'm a plumber also. Ditto on the scrap.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: First time chassis builders: What welder did you use?
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2015, 10:17:40 PM »
I corrected an earlier post about-- GAS WELDING -- it didn't make sense the way I had it
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!