Author Topic: Carburetors...  (Read 7725 times)

Offline lsrjunkie

Re: Carburetors...
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 01:26:23 PM »
Boy Stan, that would be pretty nice if I could. My "interpretation" of the rules may be off. Guess that's why there is contact info in the rule book for the tech officials...
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 02:02:10 PM »
Just another instance of yours truly putting the cart before horse...

Thanks to Sid and Stan I just had a nice conversation with Mike Stewart. A carburetor may not be in my future after all.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 02:50:04 PM »
PM sent and I think I'm going to send one more!  :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pete

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 04:25:11 PM »
Me, too.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Harold Bettes

• Firebase High Country
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 04:50:43 PM »
lsrjunkie,

Heads Up -  :?

PM sent relative to this subject material..... :-D

Regards,
HB2 :-)
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.

Offline will6er

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 10:33:12 PM »
Joe-

I also misread or misinterpreted the rule book.
You can run anything in non-vintage classes.  (Sect. 2.A.1 Last paragraph)
 Your body won't qualify for vintage and your engine won't qualify as classic.

Keep it up

Will Willis

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 12:05:07 PM »
. . . and there are no Classic Comp Coupes, anyway.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 12:20:16 PM »
Joe-

I also misread or misinterpreted the rule book.
You can run anything in non-vintage classes.  (Sect. 2.A.1 Last paragraph)
 Your body won't qualify for vintage and your engine won't qualify as classic.

Keep it up

Will Willis
Why does his engine not "qualify as classic"? Engine swaps are allowed in GC and Alt, in fact are part of the definition there of. the no /CC  issue has been covered. If he does go to EFI then yes, goes to Modified category and can't run XO.
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2015, 02:37:35 PM »
The car's built as a Comp Coupe.

There are NO Classic Comp Coupes.

Vintage engines (XO) don't have to adhere to the Classic or Vintage engine rules when running in Comp Coupe (and Lakester and Streamliner for that matter).

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2015, 02:41:57 PM »
Exactly Stan!

It took some correspondence with Mike Stewart for me to figure out the same thing.

My understanding of the rules in the "modified" category is this, The more modifications that are done to a car, the more the class changes. For example, a gas coupe would be a car with a non stock engine swap. An altered is the same car with the engine setback farther than stock and the grill and headlights removed. And a competition coupe is is all of the above with the front of the car stretched out to next week.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:49:17 PM by lsrjunkie »