Author Topic: Trying to decide what class I want to pursue-thoughts?  (Read 9890 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: Trying to decide what class I want to pursue-thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 12:00:05 PM »
C motors are the biggest allowed in MMPickups.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline rjwerner

• New folks
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 06:58:36 AM »
I like the /BMMP idea... Sure, the Cd won't be great, but: you have a frame for attaching your roll cage, a full bed for holding batteries, water/intercooler/dry sump tanks, relative ease for swapping engines, and pretty
soft records. An extended cab Ranger would do all of that nicely. Run E all the way up through AA using Ford stuff. Lots of aftermarket support for mounting about any engine.

Dunno why the idea to run a Ranger stuck in my head, I think it has less to do with the chassis as the desire to build a less-known Ford motor and see what'll it do!  I'd love to build a 3.0 Duratec, since at 182 c.i. it comes in right at the top of the F engine class.  I know those motors will make power too; Google the Noble M12 super car!  Then bolt a Getrag MT82 6-speed trans using a 3.7 v6 clutch & flywheel from a 2011-ish Mustang....  Which comes to my next question: What category would a turbo or supercharger v6-powered mustang fall into, Blown Gas Coupe, yeah?  That'd be faaar more aerodynamic than a Brick-with-wheels Ranger.  Oh, too many ideas, need to stick with one plan and focus!!!!

Offline redhotracing

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 08:00:25 AM »
We run an /BGALT Camaro... /BGC keeps things a little more stock than a modified vehicle. Not a bad thing, necessarily, but the records are much higher for both than a truck. I still want to build a /BMMP, the potential for records coupled with all the space in the bed is great. A Lincoln MK8 would be interesting for a Duratec powered /BG____. Better aero than a Mustang and room for anything in the bay. Where are you located?
Luke- Winston Salem, NC
Loring 2 Club- 201.252 (2010)
Ohio 2 Club- 203.712 (2013)

Offline horsewidower

• New folks
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2015, 08:30:21 PM »
We're building a Datsun pickup to run in the BMMP classes. Just getting started on the build, cab and bed are off and we just cleaned up the frame.

It'll be great to have other folks running in that class.

Bob