Author Topic: Seat padding  (Read 11532 times)

Offline olepaw

Re: Seat padding
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 04:38:47 PM »
I don't like being burnt ,so my seat is just aluminum . I often bruise  , but better than blisters
D/CGC record Ohio mile
G/GC   record Ohio mile
H/GC   record Ohio mile
E/FSS  record Ohio mile C/GC TRYING

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 04:52:18 PM »
Wayno I agree with you the rule book offers up minimums. You shouldn't be shy about going beyond.   
 What do you think about the following?

HIGH RESILIENT (HR) is a foam material that is produced to offer a longer useful life than non-HR foam. HR foam is often also rated as fire resistant (FR). Tell your Upholsterer that you are concerned about fire safety and long life of your new foam and ask him to verify that your new foam is rated both HR and FR. Most States have Furniture Flamibility Laws that will require the use HR-FR foam materials.
  Some foams contain Fire retardant additives I also found theres fire retardant classifications for the various types of foams. The denser foams like the HR seem to have the FR clasification and the added benifit of a longer life span for deteriation.  :cheers:
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 05:07:21 PM »
There's a reason that helmet liners are made from non resilient (NR) foam. Resilient foam transfers the force of a blow with very little dissipation of the force. Seat liners are made with non resilient materials. Just something to think about.

Pete

Offline dw230

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 03:27:28 PM »
Peter Jack's post is the reason that the padding was set to 1" max. thickness. Thanks to the inputs I have added fire resistant padding to my list of 2016 rule proposals.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 04:23:52 PM »
Better question -

Why would you want to run with flammable foam under your arse?

:roll:

Love yer spellin'...

If you've ever had a broken coccyx you'll feel every one of those five miles.... :oops:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 12:07:35 AM »
I suppose I'm dealing with a bunch of non ex kart racers. :-D :-D :-D