Author Topic: Fred Lobello Pased  (Read 3177 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Fred Lobello Pased
« on: February 24, 2015, 05:40:02 PM »
We lost another, Fred Lobello has passed on. Fred was a early dry lakes racer and member of the San Diego roadster club. RIP.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline bigdaddyusmc

Re: Fred Lobello Pased
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 10:42:02 PM »
Fred Lobello & his crew 2011 Bonneville

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:44:14 PM by bigdaddyusmc »
BAGNELL BAGGO CHENOWTH RACING

Offline deucemac

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 03:33:23 AM »
Sad Sad Sad news for sure. I knew Fred for over 40 years and just loved the guy. Moved out of San Diego in '85 so only got to see him at Bonneville. At one time Fred was the machinist for Paul Shieffer.  After they moved to Monterrey :cry: Park Fred set up a full machine shop in his garage with all the bells and whistles.  Over in the corner sat his deuce roadster body, firewall end down. It was that banger he used in his lakester. A quiet man, very humble, with decade upon decade of fantastic stories! Rest in Peace my friend.  Any one know about funeral arrangements?

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 03:58:23 PM »
Sad to hear of Fred's passing but glad that he stuck around as long as he did and stayed active.  He showed up to Speed Week with his lakester running a Ford banger with Paul Higbee driving (yes, that Higbee) a couple years ago and went through my rookie class.  He raised his hand and said "I was here in '49... does that mean I'm still a rookie?"  Another legend that will be missed.
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member