Author Topic: Throttle bodies.  (Read 24167 times)

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
Re: Throttle bodies.
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2015, 09:08:38 AM »

Like you all said, it's about the packaging. The subject will drive one nuts.

"Packaging is everything."     Keith Duckworth, circa 1966

Words to live by . . . . .

:cheers:
Fordboy
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline RichFox

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2015, 12:45:41 PM »
All this science is way over my head. But it did make me feel that I should be doing something. The head showed a few small cracks at the exhaust flange side and Zenon took it to work to weld it and machine it flat again. That was about 5 weeks ago. meanwhile I got a new lens in my right eye. needed to renew my driving license. Should be a piece of cake. Going on 4 weeks and the eye still hasn't healed. But anyway Here is what I did to pass the time and make it look like I had a plan.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2015, 12:55:04 PM »
HP books  Engine Airflow by LR.com  member Harold Bettes; on  page 107 shows some very interesting picts.  of  manifolds by Marcella Manifolds-- they have a website.  There is a picture of a "drastically modified" SBF single plane manifold.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline RichFox

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2015, 12:59:12 PM »
Once again posting pictures has proven more difficult that making the part. Here I hope is the other picture. If nothing else it looks faster.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 01:45:59 PM by RichFox »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2015, 01:34:36 PM »
Rich,  hopefully you can get your body to do as go a job as you have on those TB---geat work and get on with the "GOOD HEALING"  you can  Git'er Done!!!   :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline RichFox

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2015, 07:20:36 PM »
I was going to just bolt the injectors on and run them. But Mikes pictures made me feel like to much of an underachiever. And i was bored. 

Offline tauruck

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2015, 01:04:02 AM »
Get well Rich, You do some awesome fabricating.

Thanks for the pics. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: