Author Topic: Streamliner Trailer For Sale  (Read 2378 times)

Offline RogerL

Streamliner Trailer For Sale
« on: February 16, 2015, 06:45:53 PM »
I had the trailer built for my ‘liner. The bed is 4 feet by 21 feet. The frame perimeter is 2” X 4” tube and there are two 4’ X 4” tubes length wise, equally spaced in the middle. Top deck is aluminum. I modified it several times to try and get it to work with my car but my nose is very low and it was just a hassle. We used it several years at Bonneville to move the car around the salt. The trailer tilts, there is a hinge point at the tongue and can also pivot from the ball hitch. There are two hand jacks on the rear to raise and lower the trailer. The axles pivot and are held in place by a tie rod on each side that requires removal of a bolt to release the axels. With the weight of the car on the trailer, it droops slightly so I installed the chain supports. Again the issue is with my car being so low. It is not licensed for the street at this point but only needs lights here in Nevada. I installed a temporary set of lights to move from Tahoe to Pahrump last summer. It is in reasonably good condition but has been sitting out in the weather for several years and could use a coat of paint on the steel parts. I also have a set of aluminum ramps for the rear. Asking $1950 OBO. My cell number is 775-513-9030, email roger@clickllc.us. Thanks.

Offline NathanStewart

Re: Streamliner Trailer For Sale
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 02:06:48 AM »
Hi Roger, couple questions… How much did your car weigh?  I take it the trailer is in Nevada and not in CT like your info says you are.  Any chance you could take a detailed shot showing the hinge arrangement?  Maybe show the trailer lowered down in back?  Also a pic showing the axle/tie rod arrangement would be helpful too.  Thanks.
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline RogerL

Re: Streamliner Trailer For Sale
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 01:48:08 PM »
Nathan,

Send me a regular email address so I can respond to your questions. I tried to upload some additional pics but got an error message from landracing.com. Thanks. FYI, my email address is roger@clickllc.us.