Author Topic: Overseas competitors?  (Read 43846 times)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Re: Overseas competitors?
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2015, 07:40:32 PM »
I use a free image viewer that can also re-size photos and crop them. It is called "irfanview"; http://www.irfanview.com/

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline tauruck

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2015, 08:20:02 PM »
Right click on photo and open with Microsoft Office Picture Manager.
Click on "picture" at the top toolbar and choose compress.
Click on "documents" on the right side and save.
Done!. :-D

Offline Phil Bennett

• 1978 Indy 500 Pace Car
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2015, 09:32:44 AM »
Thanks for the advice, managed to compress in Office.

Offline Phil Bennett

• 1978 Indy 500 Pace Car
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2015, 09:42:59 AM »
Last 2 pics

Offline sabat

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2015, 12:43:37 PM »
Bit of a shot in the dark here.  While at the Isle of Man TT this year we visited the new Motor Museum they have in Jurby and saw the Manx Gas bike which I think ran over at Bonneville in 2012, this was parked in the window with a couple of other bikes.  One in particular got me and Lennie staring trying to work out just what on earth it was.  A volunteer wandered over and explained that it was a steam bike which was supposed to be going over to Bonneville this year.  Does anyone know anything about this?  I can't attach any pictures as they are all too big unfortunately.  The thing that stuck in my mind was that the lad explained "it sounds like an earthquake" so would love to see this wonder of engineering on the move.

Very interesting - thanks for posting. Crazy looking Pro Street Hayabusa chassis with a twin shock rear end. I wonder how much horsepower a steam engine of that size could generate?

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2015, 08:46:56 PM »
Phil, do you have a picture of the "boiler room?"

How does container shipping costs to Bonneville compare to what I paid to ship between Swansea, Wales and Salem, Oregon?  It was GBP 1,814 over and GBP 1,485 back. 

Offline Phil Bennett

• 1978 Indy 500 Pace Car
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2015, 04:09:00 AM »
Hi, sorry, I only saw the bike which was in a museum on the Isle of Man, I'm not involved with the bike or actually involved in any form of LSR.  I'm just a spectator who has an understanding wife who lets me include Speed Week on our holiday road trips.  I did send a fella an email on Facebook last night who I think is involved with the build just to try and find out if it's going to Bonneville.  If you search for Keltruck and steam bike there are clips of the thing running and various opics on Flickr.

Offline desperate

• www.britchopper.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2015, 10:02:50 AM »
Phil, do you have a picture of the "boiler room?"

How does container shipping costs to Bonneville compare to what I paid to ship between Swansea, Wales and Salem, Oregon?  It was GBP 1,814 over and GBP 1,485 back. 
We're taking 10 bikes over this year, in a 40ft container. Going by sea, of course. Shipping to the USA cost us @ £640 each, shipping back could be cheaper. We're shipping from London to Los Angeles. Are your prices for Air Freight? We also have tons of equipment in the container, everything from starter rollers to Gazebo's & umbrellas  :-D We're some of the lads that appeared in the BBC's "Speed Dreams".
Don't push me, I'm close to the edge.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2015, 12:12:03 AM »
My price is for ship travel.  I did discuss shipping from London to LA and it would have cost less.  That GBP 640 is a good price. 

Offline Phil Bennett

• 1978 Indy 500 Pace Car
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2015, 04:58:51 PM »
Thought I'd put this in here as he is officially an overseas competitor. Saw that Guy Martin is planning on riding the Triumph Rocket at Bonneville this year. I hope this is SW but not sure as not found out yet.

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2015, 05:46:26 PM »
Who is Guy Martin? I think they are planning on gunning the Bub meet.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline dresda

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2015, 07:20:32 PM »
Who is Guy Martin.. :-o

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2015, 07:34:59 PM »
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Phil Bennett

• 1978 Indy 500 Pace Car
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2015, 04:44:19 AM »
Thanks for the link.  Shame we won't get to see him when we're over for SW.  We'll just have to wait for the documentary to be aired later in the year. 

Offline mrdodge

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2015, 06:09:32 AM »
Harris Family Racing are back this year from NZ running their 32 B/Gas Roadster #397. (Actually, the car never left from last year. Just waiting, waiting, waiting.......)
Unfortunately after last years washout, a period without work & a new job (woohoo), the money pot is empty so I'll be working while the racing is happening. Will there be live audio streaming ?
If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs....it's quite possible you haven't grasped the situation